wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
I know alot of you guys are going to the Roselawn enduro :( . For the rest of you, we are working on some new sections for the Glasford race. We have a separate course for the Quads, so we are able to use some single track and even some virgin cow paths(complete with cow patties) for this race. We should easily get 4.5 miles when we are done and maybe more. I can't mileage it until Saturday morning so I will post again Saturday night. We might get some rain tonight and tomorrow, but with the dry summer we had I don't see it being a problem. It might help keep the dust down on the fast sections.

If you know any quad riders that race, or want to, we have a course for them that is plenty wide with several places to pass.

50cc at 10:00am
minis at 10:30am
big boyz at noon
quads at 2:30pm

The location is about 5 miles west of Glasford. The roads will be arrowed.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
What's the quad loop like, woods, flats, hills, creeks, etc? What are the entry fee's and classes? Is there a website with more information?

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
karterron,
The quad loop will run through a woods section complete with hills and no pasture or flat farm ground involved. It has two creek crossings, both of which were dry last night. They took a bulldozer with a 10' wide blade and cleared out an area that has some fast rolling jumps(No MX stuff) over natural terrain. It will be fast with plenty of passing room. Last night my buddy arrowed the course on a Bayou 220, so its not too tough.

We have two classes Sport and Utility. The utility class is open too quads that have a rack and are usually ran by the farm boys that just want to have some fun. There is a $5 gate fee and $25 entry for the riders.

Sorry, no website, we barely have enough members to put on a race.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
karterron,
The first races of the year we had over 10 sport quads running, but they have diminished throughout the year. The last race was 3 or 4 sport quads entered. Bring some buddies with you and you'll have a blast.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
I don't think we are going to make the race this time, I cannot handle Kodiak smelling like a cow pattie again!! :scream: she rolled in it and ate it :whiner: quite disgusting!! sorry.. :ugg:

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Anne,
LOL, I could imagine Kodiak with cow patties matted into his long locks. My old dog(Yamaha) also performed the cow patty roll and I still remember trying to wash it out. Disgusting is right.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
I spent 4 hours cutting new single track last night and wouldn't ya know it started raining around midnight and rained until early this morning. I'm thinking alot of the new single track will have to be cut out or we'll end up with one deep rut and no way to pass. :| They are forecasting more rain today, but the radar looks to be clearing up and moving south. Maybe we'll get lucky.

I'll post again Saturday night, but probably not until 9:00pm.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Well the 4+ inches of rain we got early Friday morning really changed our game plan. We have spent the whole day rerouting the course to minimize potential bottlenecks. Originally we had seven creek crossings and six of them were dry. Now we have three creek crossings and no they are not dry. The course is pretty good, some of the low areas have a layer of greasy mud on them, but it should burn off. We have some club members pre-riding right now to try and dry stuff out. Overall, the course is drying out real fast and the creek is emptying out, but there will be some muddy areas.

While the rain made us change some things, we actually added more mileage to the course by using a pasture section in order to eliminate some creek crossings. We cut out a new single track hill, but depending on how it looks tomorrow we might add it back in. We didn't get to mileage it yet, but it should be 4 to 4 1/2 miles.

Don't post any questions because I'm heading back to the course and won't be able to get back on until Monday.

BTW, I will probably have to course marshall so if you need to pass a CR500 with a pony tail flowing out of the helmet, please be nice, I'll get out of your way.

Top Bottom