McRider

Jan 25, 2000
I am interested in installing an auto clutch in my KDX 220, and after a lot of searching I have come up with the following conclusions. Tell me if I'm wrong.

RevLock: No downside except expense. However, their website domain name has expired as of 10/02. Are they still in business?

EFM: Cheaper by far than RevLock, but requires a spacer that bumps the clutch cover out by 3/8 inch.

Recluse (Z-start): Cheapest and no downsides except it may not be available for the KDX. Latest info from searches says it is supposed to be out by late fall, which is about now. However, they have apparently missed release dates several times in the past. I sent them an email but have had no response yet.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I would say give Rekluse a call. They are great with questions on the phone when I was installing mine. They should be very informative with availability for your bike.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I was flat out told by Rekluse that they would not be getting one for the KDX for some time - if ever. The KDX clutchs are sort of (well actually they are) backwards. They told me that the EFM unit was a great product and to go for it. I did. Could not be happier.

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
After getting past the standard "its coming" from the sales dept. I got in touch with a development engineer and his response was that Rekluse is currently testing the style of clutch used on a KDX in a XR 100. If it passes R&D they plan to expand the line to all the XR line and KDX's.
Have you checked out the Revlok? The had a special on KDX clutches out the door for $700 with no core exchange. No modifacations to your current clutch, just a complete swap(using your existing friction and steel plates). It's a little more than the efm but you get to keep your original clutch intact and unmodified. Selling it could offset the cost. :clue:

Last edited:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I've got the EFM it is by far my best mod to date that makes me a better rider. (Read: I don't crash....as much.) Other mods, carb, suspension, etc. make the bike better but the auto clutch makes me better. It's operation is simple and it's easy to install and work on. True, if you want to go back, you are going to need new clutch parts because your original ones are modified, but frankly, I'm just not interested in riding bikes with regular clutches anymore. Garry (owner) is very personable and will talk to you about anything related to offroad bikes you want. The extra spacer is not a problem. I have not even been aware of the extra space since installed.
Either way, you're going to love having an auto clutch.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
skipro3 said:
PM me if there is anything I can do to help.

Champion !!! I'm awaiting a return email from Garry indicating the price for the EFM goodies installed on a 2nd hand core (so I don't have to ship mine over first). I will definitely keep your very kind offer in mind. Thank you very much skipro for your generosity. :thumb:

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
I would like to contack Revlock about that $700 price Bryden1 mentioned, but since their website no longer exists, I can't find a phone number. Anybody got one?

kmenne

Jun 3, 2004
EFM contact info??

I am interested in thier system, but can not seem to get the web address posted above work?

Does anyone have phone, email or other web contact for them?

Will thier product work on a '91 kdx 200?

Thanks!

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
McRider said:
I would like to contack Revlock about that $700 price Bryden1 mentioned, but since their website no longer exists, I can't find a phone number. Anybody got one?

I was just able to dial up Revloc's website at:

http://www.revloc.com/

What am I missing? Btw, contact info listed:

For technical information or product availability please call

E-Mail info@revloc.com

DRUSSEL WILFLEY DESIGN LLC

2763 BLAKE STREET

DENVER, COLORADO 80205

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I have a RevLoc on an '04 KTM 200 EXC. Installation was a piece of cake. I really took my time installing it, and it took about 40 minutes. To do it again would take about 20 minutes, tops; to do a third, 10 minutes.

You basically get a whole new clutch basket and plates. There are not any adjustments or spacers to fiddle with; just drop it in and ride. I installed mine the night before heading up for a dual enduro weekend. First time I even rode the bike with the RevLoc installed was when my minute came up. It has worked flawless since August. My original OEM clutch basket only had about 1,000 miles on it, so it's in storage. I can sell it, or put it back on the bike before selling it (I kept the core).

I don't have any direct experience with the Rekluse or EFM, so can't really compare how they work compared to the RevLoc. Someone who did ride my bike and also a 250 EXC w/ a Rekluse commented that they thought the RevLoc implemenation was smoother.

Either way, I'm sure you're going to be very happy with the auto clutch. I suspect that it will one day be a factory/dealer option - it's that good.

L

LukeRips

I just can't say enough about my EFM auto-clutch. I had Gary install a Magura hydraulic back brake lever where my clutch lever was ( I can brake-slide on right-hand turns). I have more traction than ever, don't get fatigued or pumped after racing for 3 hours and dead engine starts are my beeotch now. My 04KX for MX still has a regular clutch but not for long.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Any idea if there is an auto clutch for a KLR650 ?

Top Bottom