blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Hi all,

I am looking to mod my 05/6 yz125. Not sure how to find out year! I am going to add a auto clutch. Does anyone have experience of thease on a 125?

Following I want to add a 144 kit.Want to make a good grasstrack/hs machine. All thoughts appreciated

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Putting an autoclutch on a 125 defeats the purpose of riding a 125. IMHO, I think you should avoid putting a recluse as you'll lose the ability to zap the clutch and get instant power. 125s aren't known for their roll on power so I don't think an auto clutch would work well. Just my thoughts.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Does anyone with the negative comments ride with an autoclutch? Please only comment if you have actually ridden a 125 with an autoclutch.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Cheers OLDMAICONUT. How do you find your rekluse and would it improve a beginner standard c rider who stalls a lot and gets bad arm pump etc?

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I have it on a YZ250 that I ride in tight woods. I added the rear brake lever which retains the foot brake, but adds a lever where the old clutch was. There is a small clutch lever right above it that I use if I need to pop the front wheel up or whatever. The bike never stalls and makes it a lot less tiring to ride. If you retain your stock clutch lever, the lever will be loose and floppy until you rev the bike. While riding, the clutch lever will still function as stock... but you don't need to use it. I have had the rekluse on for a few years now, and I don't regret it.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
The problem is, you need to constantly be on the clutch on a 125 to go fast, especially in the woods. I think auto clutches are great, but not on 125s. For 250Fs, 250s and 450Fs I think they're great (even 200s), but not on a 125 since you lose a lot of the feel at the lever, yet you still need to constantly fan it.

Top Bottom