2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ok, so I'm sitting here with 2 broken arms, a seperated shoulder, and too much time on my hands...but I was thinking... Just before my "get-off" I ordered in a Rekluse clutch. Ride tight, rocky Missouri woods... rm250, 12 oz. flywheel weight. Logic tells me that a heavy flywheeled motor would work AGAINST an auto clutch (more slipping of clutch). Wouldn't a light-inertia motor enable an auto clutch to do its work more easily? I'm inclined to WANT the 12 oz weight to be left on the bike so that when the clutch is fully engaged I'm not chasing the rear-end from rock to rock. Anyone share my thoughts/experiences?

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Leave it on. I run a rekluse on my YZ250 with an 11 oz. flywheel weight. It hooks up just fine, no apparent slipping as long as you are in the right gear for whatever you are doing at the time. I have the rear brake setup in place of the clutch lever, but still have the clutch trigger lever mounted on the brake master cylinder. You can hit the trigger to pop over a log or mudhole just like the stock clutch. It works real good in the woods.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I understand what your saying, I ride the Mark Twain National Forest (Chadwick) almost every weekend and it is as rocky and filled with as many ledges as you could want. Plus I ride a no bottom end having o2 CR 250, but like Maiconut said you'll want that flywheel on there if the woods is all your going to ride. Just pick the right gear and go, it's like a Pro working that clutch for you. Besides, your going to want that "hit" smoothed out as much as you can get it, for woods riding and that's what the flywheel will do for you, right? Before I had a Rekluse or a Weighted FLywheel (WF) there was no way I could ride that bike in the woods, not even slow :nod: I put a flywheel on and of course it was a BIG improvement, I wasn't fast but was able to at least meet up with the guys I was riding with at the place where they were waiting for me at :) Then I added the Rekluse and WOW what a difference, now if I took the the FW off and left the Rekluse on, I guarantee you I would be 3-5minutes slower on a MO State Hare Scramble Course, just on one lap. Or a HillBilly GP (if you have heard of those ;) ) But you could be onto something with the flywheel thing, I know a 250 Brider that broke 3 friction disks in his Rekluse clutch pack (yes Broke), they were in about 15 pieces. And just recently two of the very middle friction disks in mine were burnt from slipping (I'm guessing). We both have medium FW, but his had only 10 or so hours on it when it happened, but mine had plenty of hours on it. So you can look at it however you want I guess, but I think riding it without a FW would be a pain in the :moon:

By the way where do you do most of your riding and do you do any state races or HillBillyGPs?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Wraith, Sparta? Do you know the Siegfried's? (Red Bud). When you bought your Chadwick/Mark Twain riding permit you noticed it also allows you to ride the Suttin's Bluff area...(that's our stomping ground) Chadwick has been a while for me...good riding...is it getting even more quadded-out? I very seldom race anymore, although still involved with the Missouri HS Series. Our club (MTRA) puts on a lot of good stuff throughout the year, all in the south-eastern part of MO.... The "Show-Me 200" (narley dual sport), the Mo. HS "Bixby" race, a couple poker runs... and a couple family trail ride/camp outs...good fun! Check out: www.ridemtra.com

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
"Sparta", it takes me longer to load up my bike and gear than the drive to Chadwick takes, if you dont' remember Sparta I won't be upset, it's a small town where Hwy 125 and Hwy 14 intersect, usually all the bike and quad :fft: riders eat at the local diner in our town before hitting the trails. No I did not notice that it allowed riding at Suttins Bluff when I bought my yearly tag, so that's pretty cool. Is it a trail system of the size of Chadwick? Yes there is alot of quads that seem to be going down to Chadwick anymore, and within the last few years they have closed down trails and made new ones. I don't know when the last time you were there was, but if you know of the trail #101? It is now closed, but they made a new trail a renamed it #101. This year there has been an older man staying down there all year long camping out (called the camp host) who rides a really trick Gas Gas trials bike, he's a funny guy to talk to but I guess I would be to if I was camping out 365,24,7 :cool: We still have lots of good single track, you just have to know where to look :cool: The MTRA looks like a good club, that Show-Me 200 would be cool, I've been wanting to get my hands on a Dual-Sport ever since the gas went over $2. You've got me thinking about this Suttins Bluff now, I'm gonna have to talk to my buddy about going over there, tell me more about it :p

Craig

Top Bottom