CACRanger

Jun 25, 2007
Does anybody use any of the auto-darkening goggles out on the market? I am not picky on brand names or anything. My eyes are just very light sensitive ever since I had lasik about 5 years ago. I ride many trails where there are sections that are densely covered by trees and dark, as well as open to the sky and very bright at some sections. So, if any of these goggles work well I think that they would be very beneficial to my needs.

Please let me know if you have any reviews, good or bad, on any of these goggles.

Thanks,

Chris

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I use the Pro Grip light sensitive goggles. They work ok and don't get too dark but do reduce glare. On a side note they are a large goggle and may be a tight fit on some helmets.

Steve

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I would think those goggles would be a PITA if you were constantly going from wooded to open areas as the ones I have seen didnt change over all that fast. I would say get a nice goggle that has a light tint or more just a reflective goggle.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I just made a post about this. I have the Scott lens. They work quite well and have just enough tint to really cut down on glare. They scratch easily.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
sick 96 250 said:
I would think those goggles would be a PITA if you were constantly going from wooded to open areas as the ones I have seen didnt change over all that fast.

I really don't notice the change simply because it's not that dramatic of a change, but it does cut the glare. A light tint would work as well.

Steve

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
They don't change very fast, maybe 20 seconds to go full change. I've never really noticed the transition while riding. The only time the delay has affected me is when I hang the goggles off the bars and then put them on. They'll have a shadow of the bars on them for about 20 seconds.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I use the pro-grips exclusively, with the dual photo sensitive lens. They are the closest thing to "fog-proof" I have used. The darkening is not excessive, and not real noticeable, although their is considerably less glare. I have 4 pair of scott goggles that havent been used for a few years now.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom