Autolube KDX

mark_england

Mar 6, 2002
well i brought a 1990 KDX 200 E2 engine,, (or so i thought)
with the intention of building a kx/kdx hybrid.

well it seems i have an import engine a G-series KDX 200 engine which was only ever sold in the japanese home market.

this has AUTOLUBE ,,

anyone ever seen one of these before, or know anything about them?

B

Jun 29, 2000
autolube engine G2

Ive owned one for 5 years and its OK. smaller carb, slightly different fixing in the exhast stub, slightly altered porting makes it a more smoother hit with no quite as much power. Still a nice motor though with no premixing!!!!

If you use the oil pump make sure you prime it well before running even with a tank of premix. Air locks in the pump itself are pretty difficult to get rid of.

B

UK

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
I have a1990 sr.The main difference is the smaller carb,7mm smaller.Its agood engine with agood spread of power for trail riding.
Ive bored the carb to 30mm,modded the expansion,fitted 607 boysen reeds,junked the airbox lid.This really woke it up.I ride mainly green lanes and have found it to be a good match with my friends xr400.With the smaller carb Im getting 75 miles before I hit reserve.
Wouldnt mind it in a kx 125 myself. :ride:

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Pete, where did you get the trick bits for the KDX in the UK from? I cant find ANYWHERE that stocks them!

PS Hi Mark good to see you found the place :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…