shawn sharp

May 14, 2001
Has anyone had any experience with running aviation gas in their bike? I own a '01 GG 250 xc. A buddy of mine runs it in his ktm 250 exc and swears by it. I tried it for about a one hour ride. The next day I cranked it up. It would not let me use the choke. I also noticed that the bike will no longer idle as it did so on 93 octane pump gas. The only good thing I noticed is that it seemed to clear up awfully fast as soon as I started riding. I only rode the bike today for about 30 minutes and shut it down because the idle issue. Any suggestions/comments?

mikromo

Jul 6, 2000
I've run av 100 low lead for a couple of seasons in my 200exc with no problems. I notice just a tad less tendency to stall at low rpm's. I didnt notice much difference on the idle, but I tune mine to not stall while idling in gear with the clutch in. It will not ping, even flat out in 6th (long straight across a pasture at the last race high humidity and about 93degrees). I figure it doesnt cost that much more than reg gas and if it stops detonation, then its worth it. My 200 has never fouled a plug, and if its over 75 degrees, needs no choke, and starts 1st kick. I'll keep using it as long as it stays resonable. Good luck with your GG'

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I struggled with 100LL for awhile. It just wouldn't give me the throttle response I was looking for no matter what I did. It is probably more consistant than pump gas though. And smells so damn good! <s>

shawn sharp

May 14, 2001
TEX,

Thanks. I think I will dump it in the lawn mower. The bike ran fine with the pump gas. I just wanted to see if I could clear it up a little more off the bottom. I did some re-jetting running the pump gas and it helped. The av-gas actually mad it a little worse off the bottom.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Good deal, Shawn. If jetting is all about throttle response and race gas is all about throttle response, well I can't imagine what a sharply jetted 250 runs like on race gas!!!

Top Bottom