YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
Hey everyone! I just thought i'd make a post to say that i was riding at SpeedWorld on Saturday (day before Mom's day, dont know date) and saw a rider there sportin the DRN stickers on the shrouds of his YZF! It looked sweet, i think the # was like 456 or sumthing like that or I may be completely wrong. Whoever you are post back and maybe we can hook up and ride SpeedWorld sumtime!

pokemanyz

Jan 22, 2000
Thanks, I think they look pretty good also :cool:
It's # 485 and it's a YZ 250 but not the F
I'm not going four stroke yet :scream:
I usually try to make it to Speedworld at least once a week but $ is pretty tight since I'm unemployed. I don't know when I'll make it out there again, hopefully soon. Do you ever ride out at the White Tanks?

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
POKEMANYZ, Hey I knew the # started w/ a 4 at least! Last weekend was my 2nd time out at SpeedWorld. I havent been there in a LONG time cause i've been ridin Canyon alot. I rode Speedworld and now me and my buddy are hooked. Just if you were wondering, we were #'s 45 and 46 (I was 46). We were both ridin YZ125's. Maybe i'll see ya out there again this Saturday morning. I'm lookin forward to practice. Yes i ride out at the White tanks. Sumtimes we cruise up and ride the North end of the White Tanks by bell. Also we ride at the south end of the White Tanks alot mainly cause we live about 2 mins away from the south end. Where abouts all do you ride?

Dirteater

Jan 24, 2001
Hey all fellow AZ riders

I'm out in Yuma and a few of us are sick of the sand. Were making a four day trip out to Pheonix on the weekend of the 25. We are looking to get real muddy or at least dirty and dodge some trees. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Zack

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
We are looking to get real muddy or at least dirty and dodge some trees. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Keep heading north! You won't find any trees or mud in the Phoenix area. Just lots of dust and rock.

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
I agree, if you want mud and trees best bet is to go north! Here in PHX there isnt much great riding that i would recommend any travel to. The best place around here is where a few of us ride and thats at the North end of the White Tanks. Other than that i wouldnt bother comin down here buddy. But if you do decided to come down here anyhow, be sure to let me know and i'll come ride with yall. It'd be a great spodely gathering!

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
. The best place around here is where a few of us ride and thats at the North end of the White Tanks.

Huh!! There are lots of good places to ride around Phoenix. Bartlett and Lake Pleasant have hundreds of miles of singletrack, and thousands of miles of jeep trail. Wickenburg has probably some of the nastiest singletrack around. Actually, The White Tanks is probably the worst of all these places to ride.

Of course like I said, it these guys want mud and trees, they won't find them here.

Dirteater

Jan 24, 2001
How far North do we have to go? We were talking about the chances of there being trees in Pheonix just a few hours ago. It was kind of decided that we should go to Flagstaff, but were not sure of the tree-hugger status out there. We also thought about Big Bear, but we had the same question. I guess I'll have to find a BLM site and do some checking.
If we come up short I think were all in the mood for a change of seenary so, we may just come out. :cool:

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
SingleTracker, guess I was wrong. I usually ride the tracks and dont get out to NEW desert areas often. Maybe we'll go ride sumtime and you can show me sum of this gnarly single track stuff you like to do.

pokemanyz

Jan 22, 2000
Originally posted by YZDezertGuy
Just if you were wondering, we were #'s 45 and 46 (I was 46). We were both ridin YZ125's. Maybe i'll see ya out there again this Saturday morning.

I almost went to talk to you guys because I'm selling a pipe/silencer for a 2000 125 but I noticed you both had pipes already. I went to the White tanks yesterday to practice jumping, had some fun. You guys had a nice setup with the portable picnic table :) I may be at Speedworld Sat, depends on the $ situation. I drive a Pontiac Transport with a single bike trailer.

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
Speedworld Sat.

Just got back from Speedworld today as a matter of fact. HOT! I may be there this Saturday as well. Look for a tan Tahoe and a Yz250F if you guys head out there.

Dash
'01Yz250F

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
POKEMAN, Hey dude! What kind of pipe and silencer ya got? I may be interested, I'm sportin a 97 yz125 right now but if it'd match up that'd be great. The funds are low but im runnin an R&D pipe and stock 99 silencer. Saturday we'll for sure be at SpeedWorld again, we'll hopefully have the same spot. This weekend we're bringin the EZ-UP for shade! Feel free to come park by us. The more the marrier! BTW, I'm Justin (#45) and My buddy is Chris (#46)

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
I may make it out to speedworld myself sometime. I've never been a motocroser, but I can give it a try on my 500. I've only ridden in California, but would like to start riding here since I'm living here now. I would like to find some good places that have wide open stuff and some good trails. Hope to see fellow DRNers out there.

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
POKEMAN - Hey dude, sorry i didnt come by and talk to ya Saturday at practice. I ragged in the berm and shattered my throttle tube. I was pretty mad so we jet early. What kind of PC pipe and silencer is it that ur sellin? I am really interested and would like to get them from you. Do you think you'll have them for a lil while cause i gotta save ($$$ is kinda low at the moment).

SINGLETRACKER500 - Hey dude, you were late this morning! If that was you that was driving the white Ford Ranger. My buddy and I saw you passing through the intersection at Bell Rd. and Cotton lane at 6:56! Its all good though. I honked at ya but you obviously dont know who I am. If you do remember we were the 2 YZ's in the back of the white Ford F-150.

Everyone i just wanted to say that I think im gonna race soon! I rode SpeedWorld again this morning and was feeling G-REAT!!! I raced w/ 4 of my buddies that race 125 int. and i beat the 2nd place guy by 6 seconds. I feel alot more confident with myself now! I also ragged pretty hard today! Went over the bars and flipped 3 times in the whoops by the starting gate! Total bummer but it was a blast! Im going to do the next race on June 9 at SpeedWorld if i can overcome my fear of starting gates! Everyone wish me luck please!

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Ya, that was me YZDezertGuy. I was running a few minutes late this morning. I did see you though. You should have turned around and rode the Tanks with me.;) I hooked up with three new guys. Had an excellent ride.:)

Last edited:

pokemanyz

Jan 22, 2000
Hey YZDezertGuy,
I wondered what happened to you. Sorry to hear about your crash. The whoops in front of the grandstand are much worse then the ones by the starting gate.Lot's of guys struggling with them including me. Did you or your bike get hurt?

I'm going to race that day also. It will be my first race on a 250
I can't decide what class to run in.

I'll be at the track this Saturday with my 125 since I miss it and I like switching back and forth. Also I think it makes me a better rider on the 250. I'll either have the pipe on the bike or I'll bring it with me to show you.

Guppy Driver

May 22, 2001
Hey Singletracker,

I just found this site yesterday and recognized you from the pictures in your photo album. I met you up at Bartlett a couple of months ago. I was riding my new 2001 CR250 with Paul Coe and Frank Suriano. You were riding with Dash Riprock and a guy on a YZM400.

Anyway, did you know that Paul was involved in a serious accident while riding at Bartlett last month? If you didn't know and you would like details, post a message here or sent me a private message.

Now on to the subject at hand. Can you suggest a place to ride in the Prescott area? I'm thinking of going up there the first week of June and don't have a clue where to go. Just trying to find a cooler place to ride in the summer without making radical jetting changes (i.e., Flagstaff).

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Hi Greg, sure I remember you. And yes, I just found out the other day about Pauls head on! Terrible thing! I'm glad he's gonna pull through.

I haven't riden in the Prescott area yet. I am planning on getting up there myself this summer, along with a few other cooler places. I'll let you know. Maybe you'd like to come along.

In the mean time, you're welcome to ride with us if you like. I only get out to Bartlett about once a month anymore. But I ride the Tanks the rest of the time.

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
Whoops

Originally posted by pokemanyz
The whoops in front of the grandstand are much worse then the ones by the starting gate.Lot's of guys struggling with them including me.

Yeah I agree. That section is kinda brutal. Although I've witnessed more people flying through the air (without bike) on the start whoops. They're smaller, but faster.

FWIW, I feel that the outside line (farthest from grandstands) is the easiest place to get through that section without scrubbing off a lot of speed. The first week they put those there it caught me off guard and like ST500 likes to say: I took a soil sample. :)

Dash

Dash Riprock

Jul 13, 2000
Flying W, Paul, and Prescott.

Originally posted by Guppy Driver
I was riding my new 2001 CR250 with Paul Coe and Frank Suriano. You were riding with Dash Riprock and a guy on a YZM400.
Anyway, did you know that Paul was involved in a serious accident while riding at Bartlett last month?
Now on to the subject at hand. Can you suggest a place to ride in the Prescott area? ).

I think you were behind me when I did a flying W that day? That was a fun ride.

What happened to Paul? Is he alright?

Not sure if you like to hit the MX tracks. If so, this weekend there's a brand new track opening in Prescott; Prescott Valley Motoplex. I also know of one trail area up in Prescott, but it's a little on the rocky side. It's up by the Thumb Butte area. I wish i knew of more up there.

Dash

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Paul had a head on out at Bartlett. He broke his femur just below his hip, crushed his hand, and something got inside the opening of his helmet, and crushed one side of his face. They had to air evac him out. They didn't think he was going to make it for a while.

He's going to be alright, but you know, the guy is 60 years old. It'll take a while for him to heal.

spktm

Jun 5, 2000
moto grande open at night!

I rode moto grande (casa grande) last week very good lighting, a nice change from canyon, much wider and alot more elevation changes although it does get somwhat dusty between waterings, going to ride a new track in prescott memorial weekend it should be cooler

spktm
azotmx

Top Bottom