oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
A couple pictures with the new lens I just picked up from Chili

Our A classes today had 2 very fast racers and they were all over each other all day. The other riders while back a ways were also racing hard and tight

Attachments

• azzie MX 5 of 07 076 copy.jpg
    azzie MX 5 of 07 076 copy.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 348
  • azzie MX 2.jpg
    azzie MX 2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 327
  • azzie MX 1.jpg
    azzie MX 1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 331

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Thanks Mom (seems strange since you are quite a bit younger then me)
I shot 600 today so I have a lot of digging to do to find some hopefully real good ones.
BTW the cake must have been a hit because when I finally worked my way back to the pit it was just crumbs. Cake and 10 or 12 teenagers doesn't seem to last long.
Great to meet you and hope to see you soon (in racing gear on the line)

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Don't let my immature behavior deceive you! We are indeed contemporaries....(Kind of in the same way Magilla Gorilla and Cecil the Seasick Seaserpent were contemporaries??)

Those teenagers were nowhere to be seen when I left the cake!!! So glad the girly frosting didn't deter them. Mr. Olderndirtmom picked up the cake while I, yes, slept in.

600 pics? You'll be up all night!!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
now the dummy part. How can I resize without loosing the quality and size so much? I have photoshop 6 and according to the resize these should be 7.5" wide.

Dave for web viewing you want to worry about the pixels not the inches. resize them to a max of 800 pixels wide which will make them 800x533 if you leave them at a 3:2 ratio like they come out of your camera.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
I'm sure you know but not all these shots were taken with the new lens, at least according to the exif data they don't all fall inside the 70-200 mm range of that lens.

Do me a favour, send me the full untouched version of this shot.

attachment.php

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Chili said:
Dave for web viewing you want to worry about the pixels not the inches. resize them to a max of 800 pixels wide which will make them 800x533 if you leave them at a 3:2 ratio like they come out of your camera.
OK I tried resizing to 800 x ??? but it kept coming back as to big- 409 KB with max allowed being 179kb

The only way I can get it to attach is to shrink to 6" which is 432 x 288

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Dave you'll need to host them somewhere else instead of putting them as attachments at that size. You can use some of the free sites like photobucket, imageshack, etc to host them and then insert them into the posts with image tags. Your web provider likely gives you some space to use with your internet package as well.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
I hadn't realized at first that the first shot was of the little little guys, until I saw where you had shot it from. I didn't watch the pee wees. Those are some amazing kids...all around. Amazing accomplishments.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Dave I'll take a look at what you sent me tomorrow after I get some sleep from this night shift. By and large (or small until you figure out the resizing :laugh: ) you will likely want to either start shooting much tighter or cropping these much tighter.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Any redeeming quality on the shots?
I have to get used to being able to go closer with the 70- the old lens only went to 100. I am thinking of getting rid of the 100-400 older one as I really don't see much use for it now except maybe some wildlife field shooting.
Thanks for playing with the shots and like I said I can not believe the differance a lens can make for a beginner like me

Top Bottom