Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
B&W is without doubt my favorite for just about anything. A project at work recently got me interested again in processing the MANY variables.

Rich got me interested in HDR ... I need a lot of work there and need to bracket some shots for the best results, as it is, the ones I've done are all from single exposures. I'll use camera raw to develop 3 exposures on a few in the mean time.

So, if you care to see what's up, here's a link to a couple galleries that I'll be adding to over time. There are a couple in there that I REALLY like, hopefully more soon.

Thoughts, tips and opinions are appreciated.

Note: when you click the pics, there is a link at the top "show details" that will include the meta data, etc.

The Black & Whites

The HDR Stuff

a lil teaser.

Attachments

• MG0426HDR-XL.jpg
    MG0426HDR-XL.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 88

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The B&W train track pic is AWESOME Bob. :worship:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okiewan said:
Rich....

So I took this one in the back yard, 3 exposures, 2 stops apart (each).
Thoughts? It's actually pretty accurate, except the concrete is messed-up ... dirty. The rest looks good on this overcast day.

** Warning Random Lunkhead opinion Alert

The HDR stuff I've found most interesting has more stops than I could normally capture in a single frame. If the original image was shot on an overcast day do you think there is more than 6 stops of data in the scene?

The HDR bridge shot is a great example. That really has some great colors and light in the image you produced, and I'm guessing a single image would have been a compromise from a lighting standpoint. It's a sweet shot and it look like it's a scene that is tailor made for the coolness of HDR.

I also the the stone stairs and railing shot for the same rreason. Lots of really cool detail got pulled out from the scene.

** END of Alert :whoa:

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I definitely like that in B&W. You did a great job bringing out the interesting details in it.

Top Bottom