Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
I finally solved my vibration issue (I think) thats been killing my GPS.

I've tried various mounts from Home grown to RAM. Tried shimming, tapinging and siliconeing the batteries. Tried an external battery in several different configurations and locations.... All did the EXACT same thing.

As soon as the little pinger revved up beyond 1/3 throttle the vibration would kill the power to the unit instantly. I determined it had something to do with the harmonic resonance of the engine interfering with the unit's board, and causing it to shut down. problem was how to solve it with out chucking my top tripples in favor of rubber monted ones. I hate those BTW.

I think I nailed it today. I took and old inner tube and chopped it up pacing it as a damper of sorts between every mating surface of a RAM mount between the bar and the GPS itself.

so far it's worked. I'll test it fo' real this weekend.

I hope this works.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Another option would be DON'T buy Freddies hand me downs. I think thats the bike we changed out piston and connecting rod with a Swiss Army Knife and a 2 by 4. In a driving rain, after the beer was gone. :nod: Vibration should be the least of your worries. :nener:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
TCTrailrider said:
Another option would be DON'T buy Freddies hand me downs. I think thats the bike we changed out piston and connecting rod with a Swiss Army Knife and a 2 by 4. In a driving rain, after the beer was gone. :nod: Vibration should be the least of your worries. :nener:

I like living dangerously. :cool:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Another option would be DON'T buy Freddies hand me downs.

Oh......that's not the bike that Fred siezed and bent the crank shaft is it? :whoa:

;)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
My GPSv has finially given up the ghost due to vibrations. Its not totaly dead but its on its way. It totaly locks up occasionaly with nothing on the screen but a black line. Have to unplug it and pull the batteries to get it to reset.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
BadgerMan said:
Oh......that's not the bike that Fred siezed and bent the crank shaft is it? :whoa:

;)

thing runs fine now. I knew he had an issue with it. this aint news.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Wolf Child said:
thing runs fine now. I knew he had an issue with it. this aint news.

It's news to me as I had no idea.......I was just joking! :ohmy:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
TCTrailrider said:
FS. 2004 EXC250 trail ridden by a 50 plus, SS Rider. Installed the SX piston and head to give it better lugability. :nener:

it's an 05. :fft:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I guess now that you mention it I do remember Fred siezing a bike some time ago. I just did not make the connection. :coocoo:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
TCT is that the bike that fell off the bike hauler behind his suburban while headed up I75 to Wolverine in Oct. 2006???

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
BadgerMan said:
I guess now that you mention it I do remember Fred siezing a bike some time ago. I just did not make the connection. :coocoo:
Byron enduro 2006

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
TCT is that the bike that fell off the bike hauler behind his suburban while headed up I75 to Wolverine in Oct. 2006???

...a little late to the party, aren't we? :laugh:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
Forgot about that. I doo know thats the bike that broke his neck. Its a mean *******.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Forgot about that. I doo know thats the bike that broke his neck. Its a mean *******.

Man......."that bike's the Debil" :nod:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
TCTrailrider said:
WHAT!

broke whos neck

I gotta hear this story.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Wolf Child said:
WHAT!

broke whos neck

I gotta hear this story.

Freddy's neck. Got the new bike, spit him off and spent the rest of 2005 with a Halo. Didn't ride at all. That bike sat for nearly a year. Told me its the best bike ever but skeered to ride it.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
wow! I didnt hear about THAt. that sux.

I loop that thing everytime I try to wheelie it. I cant control it once the wheel goes up. :lol:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
Wolverine423 said:
The bike has bad voodoo.

TCT I though he broke his kneck at the Cross Roads.

We get along great as long I keep the tires planted on the ground.

it's when the front goes skyward things get a little outta hand.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I've been gone for the week, man stuff happens while I'm away./ Wolfie-I've purged the bad spirits in that bike before selling it. It's perfect now. :cool:

Top Bottom