fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Round # 8 of the Family Enduro Series is coming together very nicely. You could say the Baby Bear is coming out of hibernation.

The White Trash MC is providing support for this event and the people of Fairview have spearheaded this effort. Many of the off road riders in the area have spent a lot of time in the woods marking trail. The local business are also excited about this event. They are planning a "lemonade stand" at one of the resets. There was also an article in the local paper on this event and series. Good stuff!

We spent this weekend arrowing, trimming and mileaging the event. There is 20 miles of riding - mostly in the woods, but the sections are short. We will be using revised enduro rules - ONLY two miles between each check[/U]. The route sheet will be finalized next weekend. We are planning an 18 mph and 12 mph loop.

We can ALWAYS use helpers. We need check crews, road crossing guards, pre and sweep riders. If you have ridden enduros, but never worked on a check crew, I would strongly encourage you to help on this event. If you are interested in pre or sweep riding, you will be required to help on the event this next weekend or be at the staging area on Friday before the event.

The staging area is just outside of Fairview (north of Mio) and there is plenty of primitive camping available. Part of the Family Enduro experience is camping with our friends.

I hope everyone can make it for one last ride before the kids go back to school. If you have questions, please post them or give me a call.

Mike
517-655-5505

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
+1 on what Mike M. said! :)

This is going to be a really fun event. For those of you that typically only ride the sunday events, please come and help us put on an event to remember for the FES participants. You never know, it might blossom into a Sunday event in the future. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. There are plenty of other things to do if you are hesitant at working a check, don't be bashfull.

Mike K.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
This area has a lot of potential for enduros on private property. Once again, it helps to have a local advocate who "knows people". Mike Lietzke has done a great job of talking to his neighbors.
I do think a future Sunday event is possible. I have shared my idea of a FES event next May with a tree planting in Oscoda or Morrency (sp?) county. A second tree planting on the east side of the state may open up some public land access.

We will have experienced check captains in each crew who can teach a "rookie" what to do at a check.

silver

May 16, 2006
Yes it is going to be a fun race I hope all my hrs of trimming tree's pays off with a big crowd of racers.My first fear was getting it done in time with that out of the way.My fears turn toward I hope people show up.So please tell everyone you know who rides a dirt to come and join us .Even if they don't know anything about enduro's they can come and enjoy a day of riding some fun new trail.Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Best of luck with this one guys I have to miss it, I already made plans with the missus, but my daughter and boy friend are coming in my suburban/trailer to ride it. :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The local support for this event is amazing. In addition to the guys who are laying out the trail, the local land owners have been very helpful and some will be on hand to work at road crossings and checks. The local businesses are being supportive and will have a lemonade stand set up in the middle of the loop. We are trying to provide a long enough reset that the riders can show their appreciation to these business owners.

I hope everyone can make it - please bring a friend.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
That would be 40 miles for the older kids and adults, 20 miles for the younger age groups. It will be a challenging and fun event. Hey MM, you beat me to it!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
FMF is WAAAY older than the cutoff for the short course.
I think I owe him a cold beverage as the oldest rider at the Mini Moose. The award went to a younger rider.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I hope everyone is planning to be in Fairview this weekend. I have talked to some "Sunday" riders about being there to volunteer and have received a good response.

The course was modified slightly to make the first loop shorter and allow more time at the lemonade stand. The older riders will enjoy and longer loop and a higher speed average.

Thanks to Silver and friends and the White Trash MC. Working together they have organize a very good event. We are hoping for dry weather this weekend.
Hope to see you there.

If you have questions, post them here as my home phone line has issues. "Can you hear me now?" NO!!!!

Top Bottom