Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Caleb did not ride Saturday so I worked a check with some real head cases :coocoo: ....Looked like the restart format was going ok with the riders – Other than some toolbox raising hell on a pimped out Kaw 110 wearing a helmet cam chasing around a brunett on a Honda {Had a big stick waiting for him on his 2nd lap around :yikes: }. Anyone hear the after race restart format overview?...

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
From one of the "real head cases"..................
I heard from a couple of Buddy class team members that they did not like it.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I heard some buddy class comments, but it was not related to the restart format. They felt the 18 mph speed average was too fast. However, I have to consider the source...I would put him in the "moto dad" category and he did not finish first.
I will suggest that the Wolverine event use the 12/18 timekeeping format to address this concern.

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
I thought it was pretty cool, was kinda fun to not look at the watch and ODO and figure time for the event, I thought I might have to and had I been a little quicker with the math I think that we could of maybe knocked off 2pts for a 5. I think the dust and loose traction was more of a concern than the speed. Travis was asking to do wheelies down all the open fields ...... atleast I didn't hear "dad....go ...FASTER!!!!

I think it was fun and put a "National" feel to it.

CW250

Jan 31, 2007
Wolverine423 said:
Caleb did not ride Saturday so I worked a check with some real head cases :coocoo: ....Looked like the restart format was going ok with the riders – Other than some toolbox raising hell on a pimped out Kaw 110 wearing a helmet cam chasing around a brunett on a Honda {Had a big stick waiting for him on his 2nd lap around :yikes: }. Anyone hear the after race restart format overview?...
Here is the long I was wacked with.
DSC01984.jpg

Here is me on the Kawi
800.jpg

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Harrisonenduro07009-1.jpg

Discussing our game plan before heading out to check point. Cody Mastin & better half girlfriend Liz.

PS. Cody Mastin gave a lot time of his pre- race Saturday to work a check and signed a lot of shirts for the kids through the day. :cool:

Last edited:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Harrisonenduro07026.jpg

NO#2 big cheese check captain and co sponsor for the FES big daddy Don - AKA pancake man.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey guys thanks for your help on the check crew. It was a lively group.

There are some other FES photos on the NEPG website. I found yamahunt, RZ8 (?), Pine Cone, Smit dog's rig and salgeek's kid.

I would like to thank everyone who attended this event. It was the first for this club and it was a success! I am sure we will be back in Harrison again next year!

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
Nice event, thumbs up for the club, things seemed well organized and went smooth for there first family event(probably a piece of cake after hosting a nat.).
I was a little concerned about traffic (traffic catching us or us catching traffic), using the restart format, but it really was a non issue for us on row 9.
I'm looking foward to wolverine, still a little bummed about missing Marquette.

Top Bottom