GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
Ok ive been doing research for a while on here, thumpertalk and in magazines. I want a new 4stroke. Ive narrowed it down to the new ktm rfs 250/450, yamaha wrf 250/450.

Im 19, 5 6' 140lbs. Been riding since 93, just recently took this year off. I live in RI, and of course the east coast is rocky as hell so that could affect things as well.
I Rode my cousins rfs 250 , thought it was a dog. Hes putting in a 351 kit and I want a bike thats at least as powerful as his will be with the 351.
I like the wrf250 as its more race orientated than the rfs which is more of a toy bike but havent seen much for mods for it yet, and the free mods look great (thumperfaq), but I dont think they will be enough for me (dont know for sure though), and sure as hell wont compete with his 351. On the other hand I like the wrf450 and ktm 450. I just have never ridden one, so dont know what the power is like.
I figure, after you buy the 351 kit in the 250rfs, ur at the same cost of a 450rfs. But I duno if its too much bike for me.
Same goes with the wrf 450. Ive heard the ktm has smoother power. If i bought either of the 450s they would most likely stay stock. what do you guys think?

Damn, why cant someone just build a 300/350 4stroke haha

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
Also, I live on a 100 acre farm and do a good ammount of riding around there, but also do alot of trail riding around the state. Varies alot. I will not be racing it, and Im not a ridiculously fast rider. hope that helps.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Correct me if Im wrong but you want to go from a GG to a ktm/wr 250fs. You must own a pampera. Trials? What? These little 4junkies are by all means a babes bike. They can go fast as long as you dont use the powerband and only use the rev limiter.
As for which 450? ktm with no other questions asked. The wr feels like a xr650 when coming off of a GG.
You should fight the disease off and rebuild your bike. What size GG do you have?
All of them are better for your conditions unless you are only riding fireroads or the dez. even then you shouldn't trade your gasser for it.
Youve got the best you can get. do you care for it like its the best?
and besides these 4strokes will be around when your older these ol 2smokes might not.
Youll be wishing you had it back right after its gone.

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
Im coming off a gasgas ec 200 enduro.
Beleive me, I love the bike. Its great. I wouldnt be selling it if i wasnt having problems with it.
I bought the bike off my uncle who raced it for a lil while and i should have known better. Not only that it took months to get parts and i got really ticked off. Smackover is great, but they didnt have everything i needed and they couldnt even get the from gasgas!! There are no gasgas dealers around. The dealer who was freinds with my uncle got out of gasgas and told me to stay away, They are nice bikes, but need to get their parts situation together.

I wish i could keep my bike, but im forced to sell it. I dont race, and do mostly easy riding, i think a 250 4stroke would be alright, but we'll see.
Im also lookin at the husky te250, but ive been told to stay away due to the same reasons as gasgas, also resale value is not as great.

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
Just came back from my local dealer. Wow- the ktm450exc is ridiculous. Hehe. I fell in love with the bike. I can just barely touch on both sides which aint a problem as it will sag 20-30% after broken in. i think im gona go for the 450. Not positive, but pretty sure.

Top Bottom