motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
cool link! the first group of shots, where he isn't yet making it, then finally makes it, notice the"dubbed in" or "edited" look it has right at the apex?

FlyMX93

Sep 21, 2001
Ive seen the rumor popping up here and there that caleb Wytt <Sp> Landed a back flip. That video doesnt look edited, anyone know if it actually happened? You think u would have seen it in a magazine by now... :think:

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
I saw it on ESPN. He dug down in the ground so when he hit the ramp he was only about 15 feet off of the ground. He took several tries but finally landed it. It looked very cool.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
i'm not doubting that he made it, but the video of the one run reminded me of the Dukes of Hazzard when Bo and Luke Duke would jump the creek...

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I honestly don't see how you can see "any" sort of blip, or other film error that would make you think it's dubbed. They show it from 3 or 4 different angles and in slow motion to boot! It's so hard to impress some people :confused:
He will do at the x-games this year, guranteed. Metzger also did a backfilp of a ramp with a 40-50 foot gap but he COULD NOT stick the landing, but give him a few more tries. :cool:

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I'm with Canadian on this, how could it be faked? I get tired lifting my bike onto the stand, can't imagine flipping it 15 feet in the air. Credit goes to Hart, Wyatt, and Metz (didn't know that, thanks Canadian).

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
i know caleb, i will see if i can get ahold of him at home and see if we can get him to tell us about it. he stayed with some freinds of mine in the summer of 1999, we set up a big ramp for him and shawn highland in the back yard. just one of the lone wolf boys

FlyMX93

Sep 21, 2001
Im just sayen that if someone landed it finally on dirt it would have gotten publisized a lot more. I havent seen it in any dirtrider mags or MX racer or anything else.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
That was pretty cool, I think it would make it alot easier to do a backflip on a jump like that though :)

There's gonna be a FMX contest at DW02?? Wooo boy, I better get on the ball :p

flyfishdoc

Apr 29, 2002
Darn, wish my dad would take off work to goto DW... Id love to be in the FMX contest...
Anyways, Wytt did land the back flip... I saw it on the ESPN 2 FMX series recap or whatever sponsered by MX superfly... apparently it was on the 7th try... he took some nasty spills before he landed it
andrew walker

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
bill u and rich gonna make it down for the race next month, check the rides forums. thats a pretty cool video yall found, but i remember about a yr and a 1/2 ago carey hart doin on at the x games or gravity games or something

Moo

Jul 23, 2001
Hart kind of slid out. He gets the credit in my mind though. The jump Hart hit on his first flip looked much scarier than Wyatt's.

Top Bottom