JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Greetings, one and all in Texasland. After a great vacation in Hawaii, I'm back. Whew! Sixteen hours traveling Friday night and Saturday, with layovers, three takeoffs and three landings (Kauai to Honolulu, then to L.A., then to Dallas) and a horrible, freaky-looking lesbian biker-chick, speed freak couple across the aisle on the final flight, who fought and bickered the whole way, I'm finally back.

Man, Hawaii is fanatastic. So many great beaches, great waves, so much beautiful country. There's even some trail riding on Kauai, though I didn't have time to sample it this time. But the ocean's almost enough to make me give up riding, if I could just do body surfing and board riding all year. Almost. Dirt biking's still the most fun I've ever had. Wish I lived somewhere I could ride bikes AND waves.

Anyway, I have some maintenance to do on the Gasser and the 400 Katoom, but should be ready soon. Let's plan on the Kiamooch the first weekend in October. Before then, I might hit Muenster, if I can get ready. Good to be back.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Welcome back Jim, sounds like you are rested up. You missed a great time @ Muenster this past weekend, perfect temps, a bit-o-rain early AM, great camping, friends and riding.

Been a long time, are you still the "Large white man in a large white van" or are you sporting a nice even tan now?

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Jim: Are you thinking of the Oct. 7/8 weekend? I have some vacation days to use, I might just take the Friday before off so I can get some more riding in. Anyone else interested in going up on a Friday?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Giff:

Yeah, thinking about that October 7 weekend; probably go up Friday and stay overnight, ride Saturday. Might have a good-sized crew, with Luster, AJ and his dad, and Scotty and I.

Grady:

Still the "large white man, slightly more tanned, in a large white van." Work today is horrible; seven disasters waiting for me. Can't think about riding now, or I'll go nuts. Peace out, brudda.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Sounding better all the time. I may get Benjamin out of school a bit early on the 6th and bring him as well. Daniel can't make it. He plays in the marching band and there's a game Friday night.

Seldon

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Giff: I'd love to see Benjamin there. Scotty will be there, and the pace will have to be somewhat relaxed for him, as he hasn't ridden in a long time (thumb injury). But we'll still manage to have a lot of fun. We'll climb the OMOH, stand on top of the White Rocks, eat pancakes in Muse, and ride the Indian Nations Trail all the way back (barring disasters). I'll try not to endo over any big logs. I only have one good collarbone left.

lust450

Nov 20, 2005
Jim, what do ya think about riding some of the turkey trott??? i would like to ride the trail that traverses the mountain on the other side of the road where we cut between the trees , just a thought a night ride would be good!!!!!!!!!!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Great idea, Jimbo. I know you've been wanting to ride that Turkey Trot, and I loved that new section on the side of the hill.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
You know, I have Monday the 9th off work; I might be up for a long Kiamichi weekend, or I could come back up for Monday. Anyway, keep it in mind. We could also hit Muenster Monday instead.

Top Bottom