Barbell

Nov 3, 2003
hey guys, i am back into the dirt biking game after about a five year layoff. the purpose of the bike i get is going to be mainly for trails and flat pastures, etc. i am 5'10" 170 and am trying to figure out what bike to get, and whether or not to make it a 2 or 4 stroke. I have been looking at the CR125s, CR250s, CRF230s, and YZ250s to name a few? what do you all recommend? I need help pretty quick, please.

Barbell

Nov 3, 2003
mainly what i'm saying is that i want good lowend power, but i also want it to be able to fly. when i was small, i had a YZ80 and i loved it.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
If you want to fly high and maybe race a little down the line a 125, well better yet a KX125 is bike that can fly and take the trails pretty good for a MXer. But I would get a bigger bike like the KDX because it is the ultimate trail bike. It is NOT a racing bike without hours of modifying. But this shouldn't be a problem for you. It will jump(higher than a 80) if you make it. A awesome combo is KX125 forks on this bike. Some people put XR400 springs in them for a plusher front end. A bike that will jump higher than the KDX is the KTM 200EXC. This bike has more of MXing and trails on one bike. It has more top end than a KDX200 and the torque of a KDX220. It has a hydralic clutch and after market parts stock like bars, chain, sprokets, and suff like that for a higher price. But the bike it worth every penny, it's just they're harder to find and the older one are claimed to be junk. Of course a KDX older than 1995 isn't much of a bike either(no parimeter frames). As for speed in a pasture the KDX goes 70(for a little while anyway) on a road and I got mine up to 50 in a disked field.

Top Bottom