MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I've been out to Mayo Clinic for the past 10 days, and got back yesterday evening. We've begun the battle, with removal of part of the pancreas and all of the spleen to get that tumor out, and are on track for what will hopefully turn out to be a cure.

Dirt bike riding may be spotty this year. The memories of our Trailfests and other rides helped pull me through some tough times last week!

Can't wait for spring. I'll certainly be down on on trail velocity for quite awhile, but hey, at least it's riding!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Mark - WELCOME HOME GOOD BUDDIE!!! We REALLY missed you and were praying for you!! I am so glad to hear that you went and got the healing process started - now PLEASE take it easy and heal completely and soon!! As far as riding goes, I would be HONORED to "putz" with you ANYTIME - we could take a lunch and take 3 hours to ride the North loop of Cedar Creek - as slow as you wanna go!!! I hear you about memories getting you thru some tough times! I recently went thru my second series of spine shots and laid there on the table thinking about that last ride we did before the snow flew - IT REALLY HELPED - of course the Dr. didnt appreciate my laughter just before I went under but hey, that was his problem cause he wasnt with us :) :)
Here are some updates from your absence on the board:
- It seems that Bill Smith is still trying to find a new scoot.
- If we (all DRN'rs) buy him (Smitty) one he promises that he will turn the heat up so we can ride (can he do that?)..
- the DAY after Bill posted this, we had a THAW and I was getting nervous that we were actually going to hafta buy him a BIKE!!!
- Some guy wanted to know where he could ride in Michigan. I stopped out at "the Creek" to see how deep the snow was and it took me 2 days to get the Van out of the entrance to the trailhead - didnt even bother replying to his post..
- I gotta mailing from Yound Ted and he is GOING to ride with us again this year! He is my hero you know (of course, you are too, you ol cancer beater you)!! Cant wait!
- Larry P. (my bud that you have rode with a couple times) just got his 2nd leg surgery. He had to have a 3 inch screw removed (owwwccchhh) and I guess it went well (except the first doctor stipped the head off and they had to use an impact driver to get it out) - at least he is still walking....
- I think "Jackdrinker" REALLY needs your help! You probalby should read some of his post about his rebuild!!
The rest I will leave to you to find out for yourself but - WELCOME HOME - YOU WERE MISSED!!
Woodsy

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Welcome home Mark! Really glad you were able to get an early lead on beating this illness. Badgerman kept us in the loop as to what was happening while you were in Minnesota. Between Marie and the docs at the Mayo Clinic, sounds like you had a top-notch pit crew wrenching on your body.

Looking forward to riding with a leaner, healthier MWEISSEN this season! You don't need no stinkin' spleen!

And double-check with your doctor, but I thought I read that the Six-Days ride is really good for healing body, mind, and soul... :thumb:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU BIG GUY! I'll try to keep up with your putting anytime you want! take it real easy.

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Mark,

We're glad to hear from you...

Some of us were aware of where you were, and what you were doing, but held back trying to respect your (and Marie's) privacy.

I'm told (by the youngsters) that if you're too old to keep up, there's always the gas truck... We can do that !!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch, you're in our prayers,

Mike Sr. & Edrye Maurer

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Good to hear from you Mark!

Get well soon! Even if your ride time may be limited, we still expect to see you, Marie and the kids at our events this summer.
You don't need no stinkin' gas truck. We will just wait to see what "youngster" is broken at the time of Trailfest and THEY get to drive the truck. I had my turn.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mark
Welcom back and hope it's going well for you. Get well soon and let's ride!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
CircuitRider said:
Mark,

We're glad to hear from you...

Some of us were aware of where you were, and what you were doing, but held back trying to respect your (and Marie's) privacy.

I'm told (by the youngsters) that if you're too old to keep up, there's always the gas truck... We can do that !!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch, you're in our prayers,

Mike Sr. & Edrye Maurer

It would be a great time riding the gas truck with you Mike! How's about a little biking with that too?

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
I'll certainly be down on on trail velocity for quite awhile

Maybe I'll be able to keep up with ya' then! :yeehaw:

Kick this thing right in the butt! :moon: <--(aim right in this vicinity)

Nathan

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Hi Mark,

I've sorta talked to you off and on over the last year, I've never met or rode w/any of the trolls yet (I moved down from the UP in August 2002). I too can't wait for any semblance of spring to fire up my little CR and putz on the trails and tracks. Oh uea, if you or any other DNRs want a little tour of the Coast Guard rescue boats just give me a shout, I'll show you the state of art surfboat we have a Grand Haven (I remember you once mentioned you knew a Coastie). I'm the Engineer Officer for the western side of Lake Michigan and would be happy to show off some of our hardware. Again, take care, stay warm for now, and soon we'll be out ridin, regards, John in Muskegon.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
John, I'd like that! I work in Grand Haven as well (at Shape Corp.). Let's plan on a get-together!

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Hey Mark! Here's to a speedy recovery and complete cure! I wish you all the best. Being neighbors and all, if you ever need anything or just want to do some bench racing, gimme a holler!! :thumb:

Factory

Top Bottom