Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
Whoo hoo! After a little sabatical from DRN (and riding too, unfortunately), Mag is back!

Well, my wrist is nearly healed from an endo a few months ago, I'm back to work after a 6 month spree of self-unemployment, and all those summer projects that were keeping me from posting on DRN are done! OK, I lurked around a bit, but didn't post anything.

I've ridden twice since my accident. Each time my wrist was pretty sore afterwards and swelled up. It is still sore, but it's slowly getting better. Still some tendon damage, maybe some scar tissue. Not sure as I never did get an XRay or MRI on it.

I have a 40 mile PR coming up in a few weeks and hope to get out this weekend for a trial run.

I'll be getting one of those Boyesen Flex-Grips to try and ease the soreness on my wrist. I'll post my review once I've had it for a while.

Finally, my wife has told me that Mini-Mag (not the flashlight) is one the way. I can hardly wait to buy the KTM SX50!

Mag

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Good news all around... welcome back !

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Congrats all around. Mrs. Woods and I are also expecting a Little Woods in the near future too.

Oct 10, 2000
Congrats Magellan and Woodsrider, glad to here your going to have someone to help you pull PM on your bikes in the future:D . My wife and I just found out Sat. that we have a little wheelie on the way. We are very excited, just think about it we are ensuring the next generation of DRNers.:eek:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Man, I hope this population explosion is not contagious! You guys need to ride more!

AND you better ride as much as you can over the next eight months, because for the next 18 months, you'll be changin diapers:eek:

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
I'm afraid Strick is right....
Mrs Mag and I had planned on putting off kids for a while. We decided we were still to selfish to have our lives revolve around someone else. Oh well, things don't always go as planned.

In any case, I'll be giving up some riding time over the next few years (although my wife says she won't maind if I ride every other weekend), but I figure a few years down the rode, riding will be a fmaily affair. What better excuse to go than to bond with my kid!

And in 10 years, I'll have a riding buddy who can wash my bike. A few years later, someone else will be tuning my bike in exchange for goodies for his/her bike...This good pay off
:)

Thanks for the nice replies..Feels good to return to this community.

Mag

PS: We really aren;t suppose to be telling any one yet (only 8 wks in to this), but since the cahnces of me running into any of you and actually recognizing each other are nil, I guess I'm safe...

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by Magellan
I'm afraid Strick is right....

And in 10 years, I'll have a riding buddy who can wash my bike. A few years later, someone else will be tuning my bike in exchange for goodies for his/her bike...This good pay off
:)

PS: We really aren;t suppose to be telling any one yet (only 8 wks in to this), but since the cahnces of me running into any of you and actually recognizing each other are nil, I guess I'm safe...

In response to the 1st paragraph, I must make a correction. In 10 years you will STILL be washing their bike(s), and then later, they will run down to the bike shop with your credit card, pick up the parts, and hope you have it done by the time they get back from hangin with their friends.

I just thought you might as well start getting it understood correctly now, instead of later. (I have two teenagers:silly: )

And in response to your ps I have you PM and e-mail at my disposal. If you sent me a new T-4 Spark Arrestor for my new 400SX, I will not forward this information to your wife:p

Really, Congrats Mag. Nothing is better than kids, Nothing!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm with you on this one, GSR. I love other people's kids though! Congrats, Magellan! If you're really lucky, mini-mag will go to college and then expect you to foot the bill for that AND riding. ;) Have fun!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Strick
Nothing is better than kids, Nothing!
IF you cook 'em long enough. :p I'm also firmly in the ranks of non-progenitors.

A toast! Here's to successful gestation! :) ;)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
See, it just never pays to be a smarty pants! Everyone just lies in wait to slam you a good one. Those were good (and hopefully tasty:confused: )

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

I've heards all those "great" things about kids and even created some of those excuses not to have 'em. However I can't think of anything I've ever been so excited about in my life. March 9th seems so far away right now, but I know my days of riding are numbered. Pretty soon I'll be staggering around due to lack of sleep and changing too many diapers.

It's kind of funny when I accompany Mrs. Woods to the doctor. We are both mid-thirties and every other mother-to-be and father looks like they're 17. :eek:

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
I too am in my mid 30s. I think it's a much better time to start a family. Most of the partying is out of the way. Friday nights tend to be spent watching movies at home or wrenching on something in the garage.

I figure I can put the kid on my floor jack and lift him/her up and down while I clean air filters with the other hand.

The 2 things I think I'll miss are sleep and riding.

mag

Top Bottom