zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Racer X just reports that Carey Hart is going to do the back flip tonite at 7pm, he said to look at his bike, the graphics are upside down!... Apparently there will be others that may try, or variations, (I heard a 360 when I was up at the x-games friday)...Expn is showing air times tonite of 9-11pm on ESPN2... I met Carey on Friday, in the pits, he was there, and his bike was in the truck, this is going down tonite...I am debating riding back up there again!!!!!

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I saw it and he needed a parachute. One hand came off the bar and then he separated from the bike. Hart did a free-fall of about 30 ft. onto his feet. They only report they gave was a broken ankle and possibly a rib. Those guys are insane.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Yeah, it was very depressing and at the same time shocking. I just couldnt believe it... I dont think he'll ever try it again, and it will be a surprise as to who will step up next and try it.. The last post was pretty much accurate, his hand just came off, it didnt look like he had any chance at all to make it, like right off the take off it appeared he was doomed.. And man, how painful to watch someone fall close to 30', arms spinning in circles 3 times like a wounded bird. I hope the best for him, and it could'vd been worse then a broken rib and fractured ankle.....
By the way, I was looking in a magazine, some guy has recently pulled off a back flip on a 600 lbs snowmobile! its getting crazy...

BigSchafft

Apr 20, 2000
HArt tried the flip with a seperated shoulder, I wonder if that had anything to do with his hand coming off? More power to the guy for at least trytin it again after he said he never would.

Top Bottom