Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No 995 4%
Yes 22141 96%

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
bbbom did you cast all those votes yourself ;) The totals are surprising, but encouraging and they got one more yea outa me.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
LOL! If you look at the numbers for the other polls, they usually get 1,000 - 1,500 votes in each poll. This one had 23,000+! The 1,000 or so "NO"s were probably all of their regulars.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I don't think ORVs should be allowed in a National Park, however I did vote Yes. National Forests on the other hand should be open.
For me if I take my kids on vacation to a National Park ,like Yellowstone, to go on a hike or watch the wildlife I wouldn't want some ORV/ATV tearing by every 15 minutes. Some places like National Parks should be off limits. I'm fine being limited to all the National forests, State Lands, and BLM land ;)

If the nature peeps don't have some sanctorary from us then ultimately they would fight harder to stop us completely.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
bsmith said:
I don't think ORVs should be allowed in a National Park, however I did vote Yes. National Forests on the other hand should be open.
For me if I take my kids on vacation to a National Park ,like Yellowstone, to go on a hike or watch the wildlife I wouldn't want some ORV/ATV tearing by every 15 minutes. Some places like National Parks should be off limits. I'm fine being limited to all the National forests, State Lands, and BLM land ;)

If the nature peeps don't have some sanctorary from us then ultimately they would fight harder to stop us completely.

Is this maybe a trick question?? Getting us to cut our own throats and will be able to use this against us ?? Makes me wonder.............................

Mully

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I think many of those votes may have come from the snowmobile crowd. The greenies have been trying to get them out of Yellowstone for years.

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
bsmith said:

bsmith,
I am in partial agreement with you. The parks should not be free reign, ride anywhere, but they could easily hide several trail loops in remote pockets of the park that would provide an awesome way for OHVers and their families to enjoy the parks and still not be roosting down the hiking trails.

As far as the snowmobiles, they were banned. And then after Bush got in office, it was partially repealled to where a handful of guided sleds a day can go in. What a farce that ban is! Like they were really having a significant environmental impact riding snowmobiles above paved roads at 35 MPH. All it did was in all practicality ban the general public from enjoying the park in the winter save the hardcore cross country skiing crowd.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Is this maybe a trick question?? Getting us to cut our own throats and will be able to use this against us ?? Makes me wonder.............................

That is why I voted yes, for I know if you give them an inch they will take a mile. One ban just opens the door to more :|

I also honestly don't trust many of the people in our sport to be in a National Park on an ORV. Responsibility and ORV peeps don't mix. At least it hasn't around here. I used to think the few ruined it for the many. In my area it seems the opposite. I have had to kick 3 kids off my own property. Why they thought they could ride through a field, past my house, to climb a hill is beyond me. I also had someone on a snowmobile take a couple tours around the place this winter and then take off down the road!

o well, I'm not perfect either :laugh: I got a couple places I ride that are a "Grey area"! Like by bbboms house ;) It's all in your justification.

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
You are right about it being the 'many' rather than the 'few' that give responsible riders a bad name. I grew up on a farm and we got a lot of ATV and snowmobile traffic. My father never minded the trespassing so long as people were respectful of his property. There were always some that had to tear things up on their way through. The saying that common sense is not so common is seldom more visible than when observing at a riding area. But, it's up to us to protect our access rights despite the crazies both against us and among us.

Top Bottom