Bad experience w/HiFloFIltro. Need info please.

mikal

Dec 7, 2007
I've sent two emails to the company asking this simple question, it's been two weeks since my last email and still no response.
Here's my question. I got a HiFloFiltro air filter for my xr650L (04). it says 'direct replacement'. NOT! It's a piece of foam that apparently needs a shell or cage of some kind. Does anyone know what I need?

Their web site shows no info on this. If I place it in there all by itself, it fits very poorly and doesnt seal properly, plus, it collapses under the sping clip. It's very obvious that it needs something else to go with it. Ideas anyone?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Your '04 comes with a frameless paper element.
To use the HiFlo in a XR650L you would need the frame from an XR600R (honda #17214-MN1-670). Personally, I would get the frame & use the foam filter, but many get a K&N or another OEM filter.

mikal

Dec 7, 2007
Wow... that really chaffs my backside. I think I'll send out some emails to these people that say "direct replacement" and tell them that they are NOT direct replacements (allot of good that will do).
It's no wonder they were on sale.

FWIW, I googled the heck out of this and no-one else seems to have written about this problem, so I was thinking it was just me. So, for anyone else involved in buying HiFloFiltro filters, beware, their advertising is deceitful. If you've already purchased it, send it back, because the frame mentioned above is $60!!!

FWIW-II: I wonder if that's why HiFloFiltro never emailed me back, because they knew about the problem.
Never again will I buy HiFloFiltro. They've lost all credibility with me.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Have you called and talked to them?

I understand being upset but I am hesitant to listen to someone complaining about a company on the Internet who has not spoken with them directly.

Ivan

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Farmer John said:
Your '04 comes with a frameless paper element.
To use the HiFlo in a XR650L you would need the frame from an XR600R (honda #17214-MN1-670). Personally, I would get the frame & use the foam filter, but many get a K&N or another OEM filter.

Thanks for the quick response! The "good" power of the web shines through

Top Bottom