dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I thought I'd give you the update: After a thorough exam at the vet, my mother reports that Skipper (my four legged kid) has a tumor over his kidney and because of the advancement of the toxins, it's inoperable. They have scheduled him to be put to sleep Saturday morning.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Damn .... that just sux.

wrench

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Damnit D, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Why can't pets live as long as us! :whiner:

Just a few weeks ago we found out our 5 year old lab had an infected uterus 4 times the size of normal and filled with toxins/puss. Luckily they did emergency surgery and were able to remove it before it burst but it was a very scary time for us. Hang in there, D! Maybe in the future you can get a new 4-legged kid.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm sorry to hear about that Diane. I really hate to hear this kind of thing. Dogs can be the best companion ever and they never live long enough. :(

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry Diane, we lost our puppy this past summer and it was ruff. That's the hard part of having a pet but the good times are well worth it.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
:(

I'm sorry to hear that Diane.  I was just thinking about your kid yesterday afternoon, and hoping things would turn out ok.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I'm very sorry to hear that, losing a pet is very tough.. Godspeed Skipper! He'll be waiting to give you a big sloppy kiss on the other side.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sorry Diane, that's always difficult. Been there and for some reason chose to put myself in the same situation again some day.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sorry to hear it D :( Why must we get so attached to pets. I have 3 "kids" A dog a 2 cats. I can't imagine the house without them.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Today was my best friends birthday, he would have been 13 today.  Sorry to hear this ~D~.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Even though the large dog/horse hybrid that shares our home is not one of my favorite carbon-based life forms, I know she has unconditional love for me and the rest of the whole famn damily, and I'd be one sad dude if she went by the wayside.

I guess I'll put up with the constant shedding and the risk of getting myself an instant sweater to give her a hug and think of you and yer pal Skipper. Now go cuddle up with that fluffy bunny and think of the happy times.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sorry to hear Diane. I dread the day that I have to take a friend to the vet for the last time. It always hurts .... :whiner:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Thank you for all of your kind words. It's tough having to say good-bye to him... even tougher having to say it from 2000 miles away. He was laid to rest this morning on my parent's property. They buried him (and his stockpile of old bones) under his favorite napping spot so in a way he'll always be there. My parents will be adopting another puppy soon to keep Boomer from gaining more weight. Life goes on, I guess. :ugg:

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
So sorry to hear that news. I lost my 14 year old Akita a few months ago. Just remember all the fun times. It does get easier with time.
Lew

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Oh D, I'm so sorry to hear. Skipper was such a sweetie. Call me if you want to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom