Dmay4

Oct 31, 2010
My kids has a set of FC Showa forks on his CR85 which has a leak. He really wants to ride this week and I dont have the new seals yet. Anybody know if I can limp it along by just adding oil till I get the new seals or do I run the risk of damaging them.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
if the leak is big i wouldn´t advise it. is is a very small and is not on the front brake side you might get away. (only if he is blackmail you on his school grades ;) )

you can disassemble the forks, clean everything, assemble and put oil with out the new seals. most of the times this works for some more time as most leaky seals are because of dust on the seal lip.

if you don´t want to get thru all the work, a simple card (plastic card, like a credit card) cutted thin and inserted between the seal and the fork leg, then pushed all way round the seal to clean it, might make the leak smaller or eliminate it for some more time.

both of the options had worked for me before... :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you can find one anymore a film negative works well.....slip it in carefully and try to wipe downward holding the film at angle, has always worked well for me.

Top Bottom