Badger Racing CRF450 Skidplate Review

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
I recently got a '04 CRF450 and went looking for a good skidplate. I really liked the SRC unit but at $140 I wanted to exhaust all other options first. I came accross the Badger Racing unit and decided to give it a try.

Looks: It looks a lot like the SRC but also has some unique features, like re-enforcing pieces that run across the front, and it has some cool looking diamond holes cut into it, plenty of ventilation, instead of all round ones.

Fit and finish: Excellent. It looks great, the welds are perfect, and it fits absolutely perfect. You bolt on an aluminum bracket to the front portion of the frame, where the stock side guards were, and then bolt the plate onto this. In the back, a bracket slides perfectly over the rear frame crossmember and two bolts hold that in place. The bolts are top notch as well. Removal and reinstallation is very quick and easy. The aluminum has a nice shiny color.

Function: This, with the SRC, are the most protective I've seen. They cover from the top down tube all the way to the rear crossmember and completely cover the lower frame rails. They also give some protection to the side cases, as it is angled up in this area.

The only negative I see is having to take it off for oil changes, but it goes on and off really easily. I'm not sure if the Manfunnel would work with it or not.

This may be overkill for some who only do moto, but for anyone who wants a lot of protection, rides desert, rides desert in rocks (is there any desert without rocks) this is a great product.

I'm not trying to knock the SRC but for $50 less I think this one is better.

Price: $90

I believe the guy is just starting out with this business, not sure but he said he should have a website up in a couple of months. If anyone would like his email or phone number let me know. From my phone and email contact, he is a very nice guy. I have pictures I can send to someone or Badger can send you some as well.

I have absolutely no affiliation with Badger Racing, just thought I'd give my honest evaluation of a reasonably priced, quality product.

Oh yeah, as a side bonus, you get a badger paw aluminum keychain as well. :thumb:

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Can you post this in the product review forum? Sounds like a winner of a skid plate.

Top Bottom