nkg7

Feb 14, 2001
I have been trying to master wheelies ever since I got a 125.Haven't had much time lately, but thats a different story.Right now I ride a 2000 yz 125 if that matters any.I can ride a wheelie gear to gear starting in whatever gear up to 4th.The max distance is around 50 yards.I am wondering how yall guys do balance wheelies(sitting and standing) and if yall have any good pointers to find that balance point and stay on it in the same gear forever.Thanks

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
When I do my wheelies I get the front wheel up and then blip the throttle again and again I can stay up forever. If you hold the throttle at one point you have to balance more than bliping that Throttle. If you let go in your balance point you'll stay up for a couple second's. It's scary if you let it sit up there. Don't lean back if it happen's It's a new rear fender if you do.
CRG

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I stand on the right side of the bike, put it in first gear, rev the engine, dump the clutch and then jump on...for some reason it doesn't seem to work all that well

nkg7

Feb 14, 2001
I know what you mean by bliping the throttle it just always seems like I run out of revs and I have to shift to keep it up no matter how vertical I keep the front wheel.Also I have burned many such times in wheelies and have the scars to show from them on gravel,pavement and grass.Guess im dumb for riding wheelies on paved roads:p .

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
i really suck at wheelies, i just cant keep the front end up!
i can do wheels that last for a second, just long enough to get the front tire over a bump or depression in the ground.

how do you keep the front tire up at speed even?
i've done it one time on a paved road
i hit the gas hard in 3rd and leaned back, front tire came up some , then i leaned back more and held it until i shifted to 4th, then it came right down.

walking wheelies, i can hold it up for about 5 seconds, thats it
i shouldnt let off the gas, but rather pull in the clutch? it seems when i let go of the gas it jumps right down

rofl, im asking for help in someone else's help thread.

DOH! :]

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I can wheelie really good now:confused: . It takes alot of practice to get it right. I couldn't wheelie very good on my old bike because the gearing was way to low. I agree with CRguy about blipping the throttle, but he also said dont lean back>I can sit on the rear fender, or on the gas tank and pull a great wheelie. Also dont start out in first gear like yzeater said he does> it dont work. A good gear for practicing is third. As for the balancing part, it just takes alot of practice. My friend can wheelie so far, that his crank case over flow starts coming out. Also sitting down is alot easier to balance than standing while doing a wheelie. Oh ya keep your foot close to the back brake just in case you start going over:cool: Have fun

Neilpryde

Jun 29, 2001
HELY ALL

well i know you probly think i dont know much but hey i dont
umm mostly it depends on bikes on how u wheelie.
i have a kdx 200 and u just hit it in any gear from 1st to 4th and it wheelies. on the other hand my bro and dad ride ttr 250s and u realll gotta make em go up.
also if any one is either sellin or givin away a mx plate for ur front lite plz email me , priv msg me or just post it plz and let me now
cheers
al

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Not True!

Hey Neilpryde: It's not mostly the bike!:silly: .Like you said "umm mostly it depends on bikes on how u wheelie". >thats not true. Have you ever heard the saying it's 95%rider, and 5% bike. I can get on any bike and with a little getting used to it, do some pretty nice wheelies.
:p

Top Bottom