Kx_rider

Mar 19, 2007
northwestern Ontario
My buddy just got a banshee and it ran fine for a few days now its only running on the left side. the right side seems to only cut in when the choke is pull full or half out. i know because there is no smoke coming from the left pipe Unless the choke is on. And when the Choke OFF it bogs until u get like 3000+ rpm and then not really any smoke comes from the right pipe. and it back fires after going for a quick ride. We cleaned the carbs already. what should we check for? ( its got the TORS still and a recent top end rebuild only 2 tanks ran through it. )

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
You have a fuel or spark issue in one cyl. Clean again and verify fuel and spark in BOTH cyls. Then rejet BOTH

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Clogged pilot jet in the right side carb.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
if you still have the std carbs, they have a tube between both carbs for the choke ( straight rubber hose) if it is not connected weird stuff like this happens. I think the normal choke is on the left and the crossover tube goes to the right so any problem would show on the right side

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
When you cleaned the pilot jet did you blow air through the orfice? If the pilot jet was clogged, there is a good chance the orfice is also clogged. Remove the pilot jet and the air/fuel screw. Blow compressed air into the pilot jet hole and air should come out of the air/fuel screw hole and the little hole in the carb bore just behind the slide. If air doesn't come out of all of those orfices, you still have a blockage.

Kx_rider

Mar 19, 2007
northwestern Ontario
Ol'89r said:
When you cleaned the pilot jet did you blow air through the orfice? If the pilot jet was clogged, there is a good chance the orfice is also clogged. Remove the pilot jet and the air/fuel screw. Blow compressed air into the pilot jet hole and air should come out of the air/fuel screw hole and the little hole in the carb bore just behind the slide. If air doesn't come out of all of those orfices, you still have a blockage.

yes i sprayed it out with compressed air, every lil part of it, The carbs are flawless clean, factory clean! The jets are 260 mains and 25 pilots and the air screw is 2 turns out. ill get a video of it running with pics of the plugs, soon.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
They seen you coming lol...

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Remove one cylinder... remove two wheels.

Good to go! :p

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
You need to put a spin on one of these on the things to do that may make me die list and beet the devil (or you just aint lived)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
foot ran over no fun last time no fun wind in my hair no good helmet and cooler rack loud pipe for drag race (or die trying)

Last edited:

Top Bottom