Rcrx21

Oct 12, 2009
What are your opinions on getting rid of the rubber bushings?

BMI_KXbush_full.jpg

KX/KDX/KXF/KLX Aluminum Bar Mount Bushings
BRP is now offering aluminum bar mount bushings for your OEM KX/KDX/KXF/KLX rubber mounted triple clamp. No more twisted bars or tweaked front end. Replace the stock rubber bushings with BRP's blue anodized aluminum bushings and get rid of that unwanted flex that is commonly found from running the soft rubber bushings in your stock triple clamp.

Sold as a set of 4 for $24.95.

http://www.brpmoto.com/product_info....oducts_id=2117

Contact BRP at 800-834-9363
or visit us on-line at www.brpmoto.com

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
No more flex or twisted bars my a$$...

Hit hard enough and they will twist & flex, or maybe just break.

Nope, I wouldn't do it. I like my bars to twist in the clamps when I eat it hard. Keeps things from breaking.

Besides that, the rubber bushings are also there to provide a bit of dampening to the vibrations from the front end..

Sometimes it's best to not try to out think the engineers who design these machines.

However, it's your money, if you like the idea, go for it.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'm with Indy. My 89 does not have rubber isolated bar mounts, and I wish it did. The vibrations carried to the handlebars are quite annoying.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
I, too, am with Indy.
A better method of reducing bar twist, without deleting the vibration-damping feature of the KDX rubber mounts, is to go with the Fredette single piece upper bar mount (the single piece upper mount from a KX250 will do the same thing).

PS, rubber bushings will not lead to a "tweaked front end". :coocoo:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The stock rubber bushings Kawi uses are too soft, IMO.

I used urethane bushings when I had my KDX's. I think they were made by Scotts, and were an improvement, IMO.

BTW, you can make a plate out of aluminum to go over your existing double bar clamps, but you will need to buy longer bolts.

Top Bottom