bar mount to top triple clamp torque

shoenber

Jun 25, 2003
I recently had a big crash that bent the left side of my bar a good 7 inches.

While doing repairs I was unable to determine the correct torque value for the two bar mount to top triple clamp nuts.

I have the factory service manual for my 2001 KDX220 and could not find it in section 12 Steering or section 16 Supplement.

Page 12-2 Steering exploded view shows the parts but no torque spec. I could not find any reference to the nuts in section 12.

Page 16-6 Supplement torque list everything for steering but the mount nuts.

I have flattened the washer but would like to get the right tension on the rubber cone thingy's.

I hope that someone can help.

Thanks,

David

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
yesh, if there rubber, crank them down tight enough so you cant moved them when you hold the wheel between your legs. Thi sis why im switching to metal comes... the rubber ones move too much

shoenberger

Nov 5, 2003
Usually things that involve a compressable bushing are sensitive to the amount of compression.

To little or to much will still result in not working the way it was intended to.

Does anyone know the torque spec?

David

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
I switched from the 7/8 OEM bar mounts to the 1 1/8 mounts by Applied Racing. The instructions that came with the Applied mounts said to torque the bolts down to 25 - 30 foot pounds.

It ought to be about the same for the OEM mounts.

Ride on,
Chuck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom