rebith75

May 22, 2006
looking at a 01' xr200, not interested in riding on the freeway, only in the day time, what is the bare minimum to make this street legal. basically have to work around the dmv for a plate correct? do they REQUIRE headlight, turn signals, brake light....basically a 400 dollar kit from baja...is this the only options...I live in oregon...cheapest way to get this thing on the road to put around my neighborhood, thanks a lot. I am just confused because I saw on the dmv sight all this about vin# must start with an "L" etc but I hear all the time about people turning 80's xr's into street machines, thanks for your help

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Your best bet would be to talk to a local shop and some dual sport owners in the area.

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
rebith75 said:
looking at a 01' xr200, not interested in riding on the freeway, only in the day time, what is the bare minimum to make this street legal. basically have to work around the dmv for a plate correct? do they REQUIRE headlight, turn signals, brake light....basically a 400 dollar kit from baja...is this the only options...I live in oregon...cheapest way to get this thing on the road to put around my neighborhood, thanks a lot. I am just confused because I saw on the dmv sight all this about vin# must start with an "L" etc but I hear all the time about people turning 80's xr's into street machines, thanks for your help

www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Equipment_Chart_2005-MSFlogo.pdf

Needs to be a clicky!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom