JG614

Nov 18, 2004
I've got a dumb question, I'm just getting around to putting my Cycra pro bend bark busters on my new '04 WR250. The problem seems to be the inside diameter of the bars are smaller than most other aluminum bars and the bar inserts that go in end won't fit(too big) .I know that they fit other aluminum bars because, for one they came off of my '01 yz426 that had pro-tapers,and I have an old bent set of renthals laying around and they fit in them.What gives!!??
any of you guys come across this what was your fix beyond buying renthals.should i try to hog out the inside few inches of the bars? or go with something like a 6mm bolt and nut with the old gas line over the bolt trick?any help will be greatly appreciated. :bang:

Thanks
Jeffro

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
I've seen it on other bars too. You may want to consider tapping the inside of the bar ends for threads so you can screw directly into the bars. Just a thought. How do you like your new 04 Husky?
Britt

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
I had the same problem - so I simply used the end bolts from my previous Acerbis barkbusters. I never thought to thread the insides - that might work as well.

TrailTramp - Husky

markari

Sep 30, 2002
handlebars

It's not really a dumb question, the european models-Husky and GasGas both come with the same thick wall handlebar as stock OEM. They are really strong, but inserts do remain a problem....3 quick choices....1. Bore out with drill. 2. tap threads. 3. Buy special smaller inserts (but very hard to find)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom