firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Redridinghood, I'm answering your question in a new thread since you'll get more views/replies that way.

I've tried the all-plastic Acerbis Rally guards and Rally 2s, both broke. They did last for a while but eventually snapped. I tried 2 sets (one was used) of the Rally Pro, which have aluminum inside the plastic. Both bent. Now I have a set of the Moose/Enduro Engineering all-aluminum basic type of handguards and they have held up very well. You can add plastic deflectors to them if you wish.

There are several other brands and styles of handguards out there. The Cycra Pro-Bends are another that has good reviews, but I'm happy with the basic metal bar type that I have.

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Haha - I've bent 2 sets of the Cycra Pro Guards.....this after several sets of Acerbis. Now have a set of Fastways, they have a big billet aluminum center piece that bolts to and replaces your top handlebar mounts. I like them a lot, seem very strong, plus the plastic wind guard part isn't as tall - I got my hand caught in the Cycra Pros when I went over the bars once and seriously bruised all the bones on the back side of my hand.

-SusanP.
CRF250x

MHawkmx

Mar 7, 2006
I have the Fastways too....I crashed pretty hard te other day and bent them pretty badly. I was able to clamp them down with a vise and bent them back to normal with a T-post driver! Good as new! :cool:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Full aluminum is my bashing-device of choice. The plastic ones will break with a hard enough hit. In 15 years of running aluminum bark busters (three different brands, new set for every new dirt bike) I've never broken one and only suffered slight bends as the result of high speed dirt encounters. I mount them so they are parallel to the gorund to provide the stiffest, most stable geometry with a straight on bash into a tree. If you run them pointed downhill, then they will have a tendency to spin on the bars (roll down) when you hit a tree.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Turning the bars???? Threading through the trees is all about weighting the pegs and "the flick". A little bounce off a tree here and there never hurt. Why do you think I have to lay down cash for new Bark Busters every couple of years? !

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
zero_it said:
Turning the bars???? Threading through the trees is all about weighting the pegs and "the flick". A little bounce off a tree here and there never hurt. Why do you think I have to lay down cash for new Bark Busters every couple of years? !

:) :cool: - E-Ticket

Top Bottom