woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
There is a group of us heading to the mountain this w/e.
Dec. 6-7. If you would like to join us come on down. Ask for Rob or Jerry with the MSRA group!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang, I wish I wasn't committed to help my kids with work on their houses. Be sure and post the next time y'all get together. It sounds like a great place.
Y'all should organize a SE TX / SW LA group and get your own forum going. I keep forgetting to look in this forum for ride opportunities.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Hey Rob - Sounds like fun! As typical though - work calls me during the weekends! Why don't you come up for New Year's Day and we can ride Muenster!! Should be several of us(5-10) enjoying the new year! :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
New Years Day ... Mmmmmm If I don't end up in Big Bend, I'm gonna have to make it up there.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Sorry I have been down with whatever bug the last 4 days and missed being at Barnwell this weekend. Please let us know how you liked it, and how to make it better. We need more mc riders for trail development help. Let us know when you can come back.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
We had 26 folks(and kiddo's) show up after 5-6 hour drives. We all liked the place. The m/c trails were very challenging. Kinda hard to hook together but luckily a local rider was there most of the w/e to help.

The atv trails,unless they were hilly,just wern't very challenging on the bikes. So my suggestion would be to just keep adding the single track with all the off cambers and hill climbs out of tight corners. Very challenging!

We will be back, not sure when but soon as possible

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Thanks for coming and thanks for the feedback. The gossip line says Barnwell will be the site of a GNCC race in 2004! Think we can make it tough enough for those guys? Texas CCRA has had great events there the last two years.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
I am positive you can keep them on their toes for sure.
Very good place to ride. Sorry it took me so long to decide to come. Just wish it was a little closer. Will be up for the GNCC for sure.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
What days of the week is this place open. Do you need any permits to ride? Are there RV hookups and do you have to be self-supportive? Been wanting to check it out, just haven't had time to go and haven't heard much feedback on it.

Mark

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Opens at 6:00 on Friday till 6:00 Sunday night. Has electricity but no water/sewage. No permits needed but you either have to join or pay day use fee. Not sure what you mean by self supportive, but assume you are asking if there are guides? No but if you email them there are several guys who would love to show you around. Real neat place to ride but if don't use your head can end up in the hospital like one of our group. Some pretty nasty climbs and descents in loose rocks that are not forgiving to man or machine. Not to scare you off but just a head's up. All traills are marked for jeeps, quads, or bikes or a combination of the three. Also rated 1-5 diiamonda like snow skiing slopes. Take heed, most in our group thought the ratings were showing as easier than they were. We will go back. If you like serious trailriding make sure you find the 17 mile m/c only trail. It is really neat. This is where a local person helps as sometimes it is hard to tie the sections together. Let me know when/if you go and I will give you a contact #.

Have fun.

Rob

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
By self-supportive I was referring to RV hookups or the lack thereof. Thanks for the info. I will let you know when I decide to make the trip.

Mark

Top Bottom