basic maintenance for a 2 stroke

dpaxson

Sep 30, 2006
I just started riding a month or so ago and i'm trying to figure out the basic maintenance schedule for a cr 125. how often should i change the oil, oil the filter, oil the chain, change the top end, etc. any help would be appreciated.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
There is near limitless information available here with the use of the search feature.

Some of the basics would be to lube the chain at the start of every ride and if you've ridden for an extended period of time lube it again after you take a break especially if you are riding in harsh conditions.

We changed the oil every ride on our two strokes, man leave it much longer, you'll have to decide what works for you but I'd likely not leave it past 5 hours of use.

The air filter is the only thing keeping dirt out of the engine, again we change it every ride, many others only seem to do it when it's filthy. Sucking dirt into the intake is bad and gets very expensive so you have to decide on an interval that works for you.

Top ends on a 125 we usually started the season fresh and then did it again halfway through the season.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom