Battery Powered headlights and a KX100?!?

Blinkme7182

Sep 30, 2000
I've decided it would be too involved to put a regular, engine powered headlight on my KX. My question, does anyone make battery powered headlights for dirtbikes? Or would have to use one that was made for a Bicycle? Also, would these battery powered headlights pass as a sufficient light source if/when I go to register my KX for riding in state parkks? Thanks a lot

DMATT125

Feb 25, 2001
im not sure if anyone makes a battery powered light specificly for dirt bikes.i just strap a big flash light (the 9v type) to my front fender with bungee cords works great.

rames90

Sep 7, 2000
I just use a bicycle headlite and tail light they each take a couple of batteries and if I break them they are cheap to replace. They are sufficient to satisfy the Park Rangers here in Alberta. But I should also point out theat if I got lost and had to ride home in the dark the headlight would not be safe to ride home with through the woods. I tried it on the weekend, it barley lights up the ground five feet in front of me, with new batteries even!

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
There are also HID battery powered headlights for bicycles. They are very bright and have low power consumption. This would be a very good option for a motorcycle. They are expensive.

Chris

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Acerbis sells a headlight/number plate combo kit that straps on fast. You can power the lights with a 12V Nicad battery.
The set-ups for mountain bikes, particularly the Halogen products work excellent but are expensive. So depending on if you want minimum lighting to comply with daytime enduros or actually want to ride in pitch dark and actually see will determine what product you need to do the job.
Tell us what you need the lighting capability to do?

DMATT125

Feb 25, 2001
ERIC GORR

right now im using the old flashlight trick as stated above. but i would like to upgrade to a better battery powered set up.i would be riding at nite in the woods,and would need maximum lighting. what products do u have in mind.
thanx

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Look to the mountain bike marketplace. There are dual halogen kits with rechargable batteries for around $250 that can be mounted in different configurations including on your helmet.
Good luck

Blinkme7182

Sep 30, 2000
I wouldn't be riding in pitch black, mainly I need it in order to register my bike, and sometimes I go riding and don't get back until around dusk, so in low light situation--Eric Gorr---can you send me a link for Acerbis' headlight? How much do they go for? Where can I get them? Thanx

Top Bottom