Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
The schedule for the National is a little confusing. :coocoo:

I posted something on the District site that goes something like this (I edited this today, 9/11/09):

Saturday:

Two hour bike race to include:

Mini's are first...district scheduled classes (W, P, Y, J, T) and points paid...including the T "womens" class.

Light Team (D 14 points paid)
Heavy Team (D 14 points paid)
E class (same)
Z class (same)
X class (same)
SS 50 + C class (NO District points paid)

Quad's are last on Sat.

Sunday:

There is one race scheduled. There will be a two hour race run during the three hour national. The only 2 hour class that will get D14 points during this 2 hour race is the SS class. There are two different SS classes: A & B. There is also a "Masters" class, which is a 60+ class. This "Masters" class will also be paying D14 SS points (I'll score it just like I did the OMA...it's all based on cumulative overal time).

The only other 2 hour class will be a Womens class for larger sized bikes. This womens class will NOT pay D14 points (our womens class will be running on Saturday, per above schedule, and will run for one hour during the mini program as normal).

There will be a seperate scoring chute for these 2 hour classes.

The rest of the classes should be easy to figure out. You will need to indicate what class you want D14 points for on your sign up slip. I will score it separately, just like I have before for combined events.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
dang. everybody in my clan rides sat and I ride sun. :bang:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Well, both Grant and Erin can still ride on Sunday! There's classes for both of 'em...Grant can sign up for a "B" National class.....and Erin can get on a larger sized bike and run the national womens class. They just don't get District points on Sunday....but they sure can race on Sunday if they want. I did it a few years back at Dutch....they had our full district race sched on Sat and the National on Sunday. They cut the race down to 2 hours on Sat due to rain.....and then it was HOT on Sun. But, I finished well on both days.

On the brighter side, Freddy....you get quite the pit crew on Sunday if they don't decide to ride!! And you can watch your daughter on Sat without having to try and get yourself ready to ride right after she's done.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Is Saturday going to be like the race this spring at BC or are there more riders out for blood cause it's a National. I just want to ride a bit yet not get in the way of people chasing national points. thx.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Salgeek....

Saturday is a "District" day only. There won't be any National points chasing riders out there....unless a couple team up for a "dry run" on the course (and then they just dink around). The only "National" classes that are running on Saturday are the Quads and the mini's....the larger sized bike AMA National classes all run on Sunday (along with all of our 3 hour classes and the SS class). So there won't be many classes at all out there on Saturday during the 2 hour event, which should make that race pretty cool! The 2 hour classes are not paying any National points on Saturday, so you dont' have to worry about riders looking for National points.

I'm not saying that there aren't going to be people out there riding fast....and there is a points battle going on in the Z class.....but you won't have any of the 3 hour District classes out there at all.....Nor will you have any riders battling for National points....as that all takes place on Sunday. Hope this makes sense?

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Makes sense Yam7M - thank you for the reply. I'll be racing[riding] on Saturday. I see the big bike race starts at approx. 11am. Is sign-up from 8am-10am Saturday?

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
To the best of my knowledge...yes it is. I would call Byron if you want further clarification....he gave us his phone # should there be any further ??

Byron Kibby (BCMC Prez): (269) 660-1613

You should have a great time on Sat due to the lack of classes on Sat. Should be sweet!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Note that the Saturday course will not be as long as the sunday course. The reason is some AMA rule that does not allow the professionals to pre ride the entire course or something to that effect.

I am sure that this event will be much better than the OMA Saturday deal held this year (no offence to OMA) but, teams rode on quad course only and the race was 1 hour long. I was told the Saturday BC event is not all on quad course and it will be a 2 hour event. The Saturday course if I remember correctly is about 6 miles in length.

I was also told that usually some of the professionals will ride the team class for a practice prior to the big event on Sunday.

Have FUN

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
The two hour race on Sat will not be run on a "Quad course"...just to clarify....as the Quads run LAST on Saturday....so those that do show up will be treated to a track void of Quad ruts. It will be on a slightly altered course as compared to Sunday's track, but it promises to be a great track, as always when you're riding one of Byron's courses.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Guys,

There was mis-communication on the order of events for SATURDAY. As Battle Creeks website says:

Mini's go first (10:00 a.m. approximate start time)
Big bikes next (Team, X/Z/E)....2 hours
Quads last

Sorry for the miscommunication. I reposted the correct order on my original post.

Mark

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well it looks like we are going to get to BC late on Friday and parade lap for minis starts sat at 8:30 AM, sign up starts when? It usually takes 1 hour to get them signed up and then dressed and ready to go by 8:30? I got a feeling this ain't going to happen on schedule.

I didn't see any where on line where sign up time is posted and I called the # on BC web page and it's not in service. Wanted to find up if I can show up to camp at mid nite and get in because I ain't leaving at 4 Am to get there in time to get my daughter signed up at 7 AM Saturday and I'm bringing 4 riders over. Grant is riding both days.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred T....

I put Byron's number on this post already:

Byron Kibby (BCMC Prez): (269) 660-1613

Call him. Tell him I told you to call him. He'll set you straight. I'm quite certain you can show up on Friday. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Mark

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks Mark. I missed that ph # it was in the middle of all this and I didn't reread the entire thread.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Let me know if I can help out more. Kidner may have another number.

I live 35 minutes away from BC. If you need a place....I have a 14 acre field to park your rig too. Free lodging.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks Yama-runt 7 M. I got your voice mail so we'll just get there late Fri night between mid night and 1 AM and find a camp spot. They should have a spot reserved for me right? ( :laugh: )

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
You betcha, Freddy....they've got a nice space near the back, where they empty their shatters.....it will smell like home buddy.

Byron is there all week. He says he's leaving the gate open starting Thursday, as he heard some pro's may roll in then. It will be open for you. Make sure to bring your nite-light so you don't go all "Blair Witch Project" and get scared.

Top Bottom