Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Went to a Hare Scramble yesterday. Rode with Joe and Jordan Mapes over there. It was a beautiful day for a ride. My bike was awesome and the 9 mile course was cool. When I got off on the start I just hit the buttom and got a good start like 3-4 off the line. Got passed once on the MX course just before going into the woods. ( I hate that!) I think I was in the top 5 going into the woods and we were all together for several miles up to the Enduro Cross section. (Not in my skill wheel house fo sho) so when the class hit the big tires 2 went down and I cleaned the section and got into 3rd place where I settled in for the next 2 laps fighting some serious arm pump in the right arm so I was not full out riding. Everything was going well, I was riding smooth and came out to the final section of the MX track, got rid of the arm pump and was feeling good. Hit a nice big table top and kept my speed into the next jump and then :"oh crap" it was a big double on the back section and I forgot it was a double so my bike slammed into the face of the 2nd hump and I took a beating and felt my azz hit the seat and compress my back and it hurt for the rest oif the race. On the final lap I was doing OK and I moved over to let Joe Mapes by and my bike felt like I hit someting and I didn't know what the hell it was but I was still moving and fighting to hold onto a podium finish but I could sense something was wrong with the rear tire because it was flapping and acting weird back there so i took it easy the rest of the lap and ended up losing 2 positions and came in 5th at the finish.

I hit some barbed wire on the course and it was wrapped up into every thing back there, I'm lucky to finish, too bad it happened because I was into a solid 3rd place before I lost so much time on the last lap. Oh well I won some hardware anyway.

I feel better today, the back will be OK in a few days and I had a good time. H/S ain't my bag but this one was fun.

CW250 I have you and "the patriots" trophys but they tagged them "T Class" so you guys got second in the womens class according to your trophys :laugh:

Here's a shot of me rolling a hump after my XM back smashing scare.

Attachments

• BC.jpg
    BC.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 244

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
No... I crashed last Sunday trail riding in Evart slow speed wash out and just lander right I mean wrong on my shoulder. Turns out I sustained a grade 4 Ac separation had Surgery on Friday the doc put a screw in my shoulder .I should be ready to ride by the National Enduro I hope....

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
crazytrails said:
The track was great. traction was prime and the track held up amazing,,

You held up well too Aaron, didn't you trophy in your class?

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
I ran 250 A and was in second for most of the race, then dropped to third.. we were kinda running late and didn't have anything to eat that morning but a granola bar while getting my riding gear on, the more water i had while riding the worst my stomach got..this will not happen again, it makes you feel horrible after the race.. couldn't have asked for a better day to ride or track to ride though, they put on a great race down there...

Top Bottom