Bay Area CA Riders - Any Friday Practice Tracks?

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Im looking for a track that is open for practice on Fridays in the San Fran Bay area. Now that Argyll Park has been taken over by Mike Sexton of Marysville MX he is only opening the track on Tues and Thurs 12-7 and Sat and Sun 9-4, so our open daily practice track is unfortunately closed. Sandhill is open Mon & Wed and Sat & Sun, Club Moto is Thur, Sat & Sun, and Hangtown is Wed, Sat & Sun. I know Carnegie's crappy slick track is open daily but I dont have a spark arrestor on my bike so that place is not an option. At this point I just need the practice time so I need a place to ride Anybody know of anywhere??

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
SOL. I ride the bay area as well and you just named everything. My neighbors at my parents house just built a ridiculous track with stadium style doubles and triples, but it's not open to the public and appears to have not been ridden yet. I don't want to disclose the location as I don't know these people.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Well yeah, it doesnt do me much good anyway if it isnt open to the public. That is great for them though, I wish I had my own track so I didnt have to worry about days like this with no where to ride. I have been living out here for the past 4 years so I figured I knew all my options, but, just wishful thinking I guess. I was hoping someone knew of something I had been missing. Ill have to get a spark arrestor so I can atleast ride the Carnegie track on Fridays when every other place is closed. I just dont like that track very much, but seat time is seat time and it is better than nothing.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Farmer John thanks for the link I appreciate it, I should have logged on and checked this morning to see if anyone else had replied, but I figured I was SOL. I used the day to change the brake pads and fluid so it isnt a total wash, I got some maintenance done.

I have never rode that track but I have talked to several guys who ride and race there once in a while. I will definitely have to check it out, I was under the impression that they were closed on Fridays so that is good news. Thanks again for the info atleast now I know I have somewhere to go on Fridays.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
The SJ track is pretty nice, but pricey @ $20.
Many times I will roll in ride all evening & no one will ever collect $ from me. Some nights the dude will come by & ask for $20. If the track is in good condition I pay up, if not I'll say "how about $10" and most times he is fine with that. :ride:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Just recently the people that prep SCMX re-did the track at Metcalf in Santa Clara. Take 101 south,Bernal.Then get off at Monterey Highway and turn left. Go dowm about a mile (there are signs posted) Turn left on Metcalf road go back ove 101 and veer to the left and go up the road, lots of turns and a steep climb, after about 2 miles you will see the park on the right. Sparky and registration is required, I beleive it is $5 to ride. Also, there is Sandhillracing.com out in Brentwood, private track, decent jumps too..

Have fun,
RIck

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
rickyd said:
Just recently the people that prep SCMX re-did the track at Metcalf in Santa Clara. Take 101 south,Bernal.Then get off at Monterey Highway and turn left. Go dowm about a mile (there are signs posted) Turn left on Metcalf road go back ove 101 and veer to the left and go up the road, lots of turns and a steep climb, after about 2 miles you will see the park on the right. Sparky and registration is required, I beleive it is $5 to ride. Also, there is Sandhillracing.com out in Brentwood, private track, decent jumps too..

Have fun,
RIck

Yeah I have been to Metcalf before but that was back when I still had the KDX. I dont have a spark arrestor on my MX bikes so the SVRAs arent an option for me. I ride Argyll, Sand Hill, Club Moto, and Hangtown primarily but since Argyll has been taken over by Mike Sexton they are no longer open on Fridays so I was searching for a place that is open in the area. It looks like Santa Clara will be worth a try for me, it is a bit of a drive for me but I havent tried the track yet and it is always fun trying out new riding areas. Rick if you are looking for good jumps hit up hangtown, E-street and Argyll their jumps are much better than Sand Hill. I do love the hills and the off camber turns that Sand Hill has though, they are great practice and excellent for conditioning.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Farmer John said:
The SJ track is pretty nice, but pricey @ $20.
Many times I will roll in ride all evening & no one will ever collect $ from me. Some nights the dude will come by & ask for $20. If the track is in good condition I pay up, if not I'll say "how about $10" and most times he is fine with that. :ride:

Farmer John thanks again for all the info. What time does the gate open at Santa Clara? The website lists practice times on Friday from 3-9pm, is there a gate or can I get there at like 2pm and start unloading, prep the bike, and get dressed so I am ready to ride at 3?

Top Bottom