Kelly

May 29, 2000
This is a strange one. I'm 150lb intermediate enduro rider, rocks roots and junk. Have brand new CR80 shock in my BBR aluminum kit framed XR200/CR80 Expert. Got the heavier 6.0 spring as recommended by BBR and it is the proper spring according to sag/unladen sag check method. The new wieght of the bike is 183lbs, 30 more than stock..

Now heres the strange part. The shock is hard as rock, even with all that extra weight. Could there be an internal problem. BBR think that it's very strange and reccomended having the nitrogen pressure checked. I did and it's fine. They also reccomended Gold Valves. If I do this will it solve this problem.

Are race tech going to be able supply any valving specs for this hybred.

Can somebody else provide me with a valve and specs. I like to do all my own work.

Kelly.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Kelly,
I don't have a good answer other than something might be wrong. The linkage ratio has obvoulsy changed with the BBR componets, this requires a heavier spring, that should mean the stock shock valving is now soft as the shock moves much slower. This is not what is hapening acording to your info, and your sag info would tend to varify your this logic. So something must be wrong. As for what I don't know. Is the shock complly untouched? You could put the valving on a CR80 shock upside down fairly easily, and that would make it way harder..

Jer

Kelly

May 29, 2000
Other than the spring the shock hasn't been touched. Is thier anything I can I check for. Someone told me that shock bodies can get "ovalled" could this be possible.

Kelly

Top Bottom