dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Bruce, Do you ride at Glen Helen or Cahuilla on Thursdays ?? If so which one should I go to? I haven't been on the bike more than 30 mins or so in the past three months. Just thought Thurs would be a slow track day that I could actually ride.

Thanks for any input.

Ed

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Brian, It's good to hear from you. I saw that you trophied last race; way to go. I was toying with the idea of going to the event this weekend, but I better lay low for a bit longer. Going to the track will allow riding, but shelter by the van if my knee gives me any problems.

Are you racing? If so have fun and be safe. We'll be back out at the fall events if all goes well.

talk with you later

Ed

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
they are both open on thursday, i prefer cahuilla since its closer.

saturdays i ride mostly at Glen Helen at the REM races on the back track

its the best racing in socal, proper long motos and you dont have to wait for 15 other motos before your next race.

hope to see you out there!

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Bruce, Thanks for the info. I think I'll checkout Glen Helen Thurs and if the wife allows ( if my knee holds up ), I may make it to Carlsbad Sat. It's just down from the house so it's close. I'm not up to racing and the back track (GH) is for REM on Sat. so I'll try to get in some time on it tomorrow.

Thanks again

Maybe I'll see you out there some time this summer. I got to take it slow for awhile and I see the Doctor again Fri. Maybe he'll clear me I can ride again. Little does he know.

ed

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What's the deal with Cahuilla, they good for thursdays? What's the cost, do you need that card thing and what time does it open? Elk

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
here is the web

http://www.ccmxpark.com/

yes for thursdays and other days.

no for the silly card.

as for silly cards, the IMSA has gone under apparently. to ride elsinore you need their own card. to ride Starwest you now need the AARA card- if you have an old IMSA card, you get the AARA card for $15, if you dont then its $30

the whole thing is a big rip off- you pay these stupid fees so they can buy insurance through this broker- its the same insurance that Glen Helen buy direct and you dont need a card there!

Me, if i ride the in the week, i go to Cahuilla and saturdays is racing at the back REM track at Glen Helen.

F- starwest and elsinore- those places are dumps anyhow and you have to avoid all the kooks as well.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Cool, thanks, I'm working up to a Thursday ride soon!

Top Bottom