JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
I have a question about bead locks.... I know theres a lot of threads talking about them, but nothing really relating to what I'm looking for... I just got a new rear tire and took it to Good Year to get it mounted on my rim...But.... I need a new bead lock. I have a 19'' rim. So, what size bead lock do I need? On motosport.com there are like 4 different sizes that say they fit my bike....They can't ALL fit, right?

I measured the current bead lock I have, and its just under 2'' (If I'm measuring it right....)

The sizes listed on motosport are:

Insight? Anyone? :)

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Those sizes listed on motosport are the various rim beadwidths measured in inches that they sell rim locks for. If you look on the side of your rim chances are the size will be etched into the rim. You should see something like 19x2.15. The first number is the overall rim diameter and the second number identifies the beadwidth of the rim, so you will want the rimlock size to match the second number. Not all rims have the size etched in them but most stock rims, DID, and several other brands do.

I am not real familiar with your bike but I tried to look up the stock specs for it online and it lists the stock rear wheel as an 18 inch not 19, so I am not sure if you have the stock rims on the bike or not. However, since you are looking for a rear wheel rim lock for a 19" rim, the size you are most likely going to need is a 2.15. The 1.60 is the typical beadwidth for front wheels. Some bikes have 1.85 inch rears but for a bike of your size with a 19" rim it is most likely a 2.15. You did say that you measured it and it was just under 2", when you say just under 2" was it 1/8" under? In that case, assuming you measured it correctly it is probably a 1.85 beadwidth rim. So your best bet is to just look at the side of the rim and see if the size is etched in it and that will give you your answer.

Sorry I cant give you a definite answer but hopefully this sends you in the right direction.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom