*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Does anyone know what happened to this place? About a year ago they were still waiting for a permit from the city, but hey were ready to go. I can't find their website either. Anyone?

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
*william* - I have checked out their web site a few times and it was never updated. I too can no longer find the site.I don't think they will get the permit to open to the public.

The track is built but not maintained on a regular basis. The owners are out there maybe one weekend a month for a few hours. My friends and I ride the track whenever nobody is there. The old LBZ track is in the foothills behind TGP and the trails and jumps are endless. A buddy and I might be there this weekend. You are more than welcome to join us for the carnage.

Do you need directions?

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
I'm still recovering from a badly broken wrist, :( but itching to ride my new (to me) KTM. I'll see what my physical therapist (and the wife) has to say about riding this weekend.

But yeah, give me directions. I know where TGP is and have been riding in San Timeteo Canyon before - west of Beaumont, get off the 10 on San Timeteo Canyon go south a bit and over the train tracks. I think you're talking about another place though, and I'd like to check that out too.

I live about 15 minutes from Beaumont.

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I have ridden where you are talking about. The terrain is great. It's one of my favorite places to ride. You can also access the same are from the 60. The only problem is that the law has ran me off a few times.

As far as TGP we just take the 10 east exit Beaumont Ave. and head south for about 1.5 miles to California Ave. and make a left. On the left side of the road before the closed gate there is a cut in the wire fence. At that point you know that to do. Drive thru and follow fence line to the track. Park out of site from the road, unload and have fun.

[This message has been edited by thumbs (edited 03-29-2001).]

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Cool, thanks. I'll see what my PT says tomorrow and call up my buddies. If you see a spode on a KTM200 in yellow fox pants that might be me. Roost on!

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I have two choices this weekend - paint the house or go riding. No races this weekend - I'm in for any type of ride.

------------------
Holeshot's Page

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'm in for a ride (Beaumont, Dez or whatever) this weekend, but but I can't get on the net or email after 4:30 (no home computer), so I'll miss anything posted or emailed after that time.

[This message has been edited by holeshot (edited 03-30-2001).]

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
holeshot - So far it looks like Beaumont on Sunday. Where are you driving from? I usually meet Scar at the Green River exit off the 91 in Corona. If you want to set a time and place to meet us that would be great.

Here are my #'s if the plan is not set before you log off.

Tony
cell 714-863-1660
home 714-846-2771

------------------
It always gets worse before it gets better.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Therapist told me to wait another couple weeks :mad: Says I could rebreak it pretty easy if I fell - not enough strengh back yet. And I was driving back remembering how much that 'effen hurt when I did it.

Three months now of no riding; I'm going CRAZY :confused:

Air one out for me!

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
They put on some sort of surf control where I work, so I couldn't log on to DRN (or thumpertalk) until after 5. Don't they know I work 'til 4:30? Funny thing is, I could still get onto work related sites, mxworld and my own site :eek:

Anyway, I got your message Thumbs. Beaumont sounds good.

Top Bottom