a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just wanted to say Hi, and that I am still alive and kicking. For those that don't know, while at DW this year, Mrs. Elk called and told me that our house had flooded and the wood floors we had looked like a roller coaster. Of course, it happens when I was gone which made me feel helpless.

Since I've been home, I've spent the last month tearing up the wood floors, which were glued to the concrete below! Can you say "jack hammer"? I have had no computer, internet, at home because our office was part of the damaged area. Door casings and baseboards, painting and drywall repair galore. We finally got our floors back in and I've been working on the finishing work for weeks. On top of working 14 hour days lately, lets add in the fact that our neice has been living with us for the last few months, things have been busy. I have a new bike in the garage I can't ride yet!

Now, let's add some more. I have made a decision to change jobs, well, a change within the job I have now. I feel I am done with riding the motor every day. An opening has come up with our K-9 unit so I'm putting my resume together as I write this. The Mrs. is behind me on this so I'm gonna make the change. I'm looking forward to the new spot, and doing another 13 years on the bike just didn't seem like the thing to do.

I guess I'll need a new avatar cause Ponch just isn't gonna cut it anymore. I'll keep you up to date when things happen so by the first week of Dec., things should be headed in a new direction for me, hopefully. I think it's the right thing, but I guess one will never know unless steps are taken on the new path before me.....

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Sometimes you just need a change of pace. Good luck in all your endevors Elk. Matt

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
hail Elk! Sorry to hear of the troubles.

The K9 unit gonna let you use your current pooch? It could be interesting

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Papakeith said:
The K9 unit gonna let you use your current pooch? It could be interesting
I think his mom's dog would knock it out bigtime!

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
That little thing is an ankle biter for sure or, it could bark you to death.lol

Hi Elk, good luck with the new job. What will the dog do? Track the boogers, sniff out drugs, sniff out explosives?

Glad to hear from you.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
It is great to hear from you Elk! Especially since I heard a CHP officer was killed last night when he pulled over a vehicle. Instantly I thought of you and hoped it wasn't you. My heart and prayers go out to that family, and the CHP family. God Bless you sir in your new endeavor!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Here's your new avatar.

Attachments

• k9unit.jpg
    k9unit.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 229

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
VintageDirt said:
You're getting your own dingo?

Ha!! :)

Hey Elkster! Good to hear from you! I'm so sorry to hear about the house, that really sucks. Here I am wringing my hands about decisions to remodel little things and then something like this happens to someone who wasn't expecting to have to remodel....It's like winning the jackpot on "House Beautiful" but you have to pay for your own "re-do" :bang: Ahhh, that sucks. sounds like you are uber bizzy. Plus, hearing about the distress while at dirtweek probably took the wind out of your sails.

Great to hear about the new job! :cool:

Keep in touch with us, we miss you!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Elk...first off, sorry to hear about your house. Hope all the remodel/repairs go well for you.

Second, good luck with transferring frm the Moto-Unit to the Dingo-Unit. Hope all works out well for you!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Elk just wants to get off that bike so he can wear his ubergay CHP visor instead of that shiny golden dome.

Just roll that ginormous refrigerator across the floor a few times and that should smooth things out, Carol. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Elks new avatar

Attachments

• elkdog.jpg
    elkdog.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 180

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Rookie Dingo

Attachments

• DingoRookie.jpg
    DingoRookie.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 176

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
OMG!!! Another Turner and Hooch trilogy. Too bad that Elk's co-star is so much smarter than he.... and better looking!

Hey Carlos! I bet that freaky Hairless Ugandan Princess Warthog dog of your's is gonna be jealous of the copper dog you end up with. :laugh:

Can dogs stand on malls too?!?

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Or this avatar.....

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 161

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
I guess I'll need a new avatar cause Ponch just isn't gonna cut it anymore. QUOTE]

Well, how about officer poocharelo? :laugh: :rotfl:

It'll be nice to be able to speed on the 91 freeway again without being stopped and strip-searched every damn time. :yikes:

Good luck Copper. :cool:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
House repairs suck!

This is one time that I'm happy to hear that someone's job has gone to the dogs. Best of luck Carrol.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey bud, good luck on the new job. Sounds fun.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard a ride report on the new Zuk!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Man Elk, I have been there with the flooding. It sucks!!! And you can even lose friends over it. I also know what it is like to work with dogs. But that is a whole different thing. And I also know what it is like to take leaves of absense from this place. Been doing it a lot lately. I hope everything works out for you!

Top Bottom