Beginner, wishing for others in the area!!

ChknLittle

~SPONSOR~
Nov 7, 2003
Hi Everyone!

I've been reading the posts for weeks now - enough time for me to decide I needed to get rid of my quadracer and get a bike, and now I just need someone in the area to ride with (and to learn from). Are any of you anywhere near San Diego? We ride at Lark Canyon (mostly trails, some open area), and Ocotillo Wells, and haven't visited any tracks yet.

Hubby has been away from dirtbikes since he was a teenager, so he's fairly inexperienced too (you didn't hear it from ME though). I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good family oriented clubs in the SD area that we could join just to get more exposure and see what's out there. People that wouldn't mind listening to our kids fighting over the quad all day :o)

The Reno trip sounds GREAT, but scheduling issues aside (I haven't even looked into it, really), will there be people of all skill levels attending? I don't want to slow anyone down... Is it mostly racing, or trail riding, or what?

Sorry I have so many questions...and thanks in advance for answering what you can!

Michelle

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Welcome Michelle!! :thumb: To track down riders in your area check in the General Chapters forum or the Places To Ride/Organized Rides forum. Attending the Reno ride will put you in touch with a great group of people, face to face. We're glad to have you on the two-wheeled side of the yard. ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Michelle.

Like Dirty~d~ said, check the Chapters forum. In particular the So Cal Wrecking Crew forum. We have several members in your area, Tree, KX Steve, Bruce and others that would be happy to show you and your husband where to ride in that area.

Try posting there, I'm sure you will get plenty of help.

We usually have at least a couple of organized rides a year in So Cal. You guys are more than welcome to join us.

Ol'89r

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by Ol'89r
We have several members in your area, Tree, KX Steve, Bruce and others that would be happy to show you and your husband where to ride in that area.

now here is a funny story, on friday afternoon i get an email from someone from the technology transfer department at work that i have spoke to via email on a couple of occasions about various work things. the subject of the email was "dirtrider.net" YIKES :eek: - nearly pooped myself :uh: , i thought it was the internal internet police. turns out it was Michelle, just introducing herself.

wellcome to the board Michelle, i think by the sounds of things you know what direction to look for info and stuff etc. we will hook up and do a group ride soon, i have got the racing bug right now though, but a nice relaxing dez or trail ride would be cool.

one last thing, let me know if you need any info on where to get good deals in town- SD bike shops are way overpriced. and if you need any help with your bikes, let me know, ive got plenty of tools and and enough know how to fix most things.

and one last thing, get ready to meet so many nice people through this site you will have to pinch yourself :worship:

ChknLittle

~SPONSOR~
Nov 7, 2003
Thanks so much to you all! I'm now obsessed with the Reno ride, and using every sneaky, underhanded trick I can think of to convince my husband that we HAVE to be there (while still making it seem like it's his idea...)!

We went trail riding on Saturday AND Sunday, and I'm now learning to wipe out gracefully! I'm getting pretty good at jumping right up and saying "thank you....thank you very much...(a la Elvis)" or "I meant to do that" or "who put that bush there?" Too bad hubby is too far up the trail to catch the antics, but it's still good practice!

I hope to meet ALL of you at some point, and Bruce, maybe you can find a DRN t-shirt to wear around work so I can know when I'm walking by you - I'm sure I have before without even knowing it! (P.S. - you have 2 bikes - does your wife ride?)

Thanks again, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'96 CR250R (His - the Beast)
'99 TTR225 (Mine - SO much fun)
'92 200 Quadsomethin' (Kids pile o' bolts)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
LOL Bruce!!! Did you have to replace your chair after that? :)

Michelle, you'll have a blast with those guys. :thumb: And if you need help convincing your husband about Reno just ask GetMeToCa or GoSpeedRacer. :confused: They'll come up with something. ;)

Top Bottom