Belfair :D

Man there was a lot of people in the parking lot, but only saw one or two groups on the trail. :cool:
I was told it would be really wet. There wasn't much water at all, maybe a dozen puddles and all pretty shallow. Only one or two inches on the edges and five or six inches in the deeper parts.
If you've ever misplace a corner I know where it is. I don't think the people who built those trails know how to go straight.
It was the first time with a group of new friends, and I hope to do it again soon. :D
Sorry about the D in the subject line.
------------------
BEN
I don't have to out run the bear I just have to be faster than you!!!

[This message has been edited by HUSAFREEK (edited 03-16-2001).]

Hey husafreek come out to reiters I'll show ya some deep bike swallowing puddles :) It definetly isn't easy ridding lots of rocks and tight trails but once you get used to it, its alot of fun. but reiters is just right outside of the town Goldbar. I want to goto the place down by oly wa (olympia) it has 100 miles of trail according to nwa website. www.nwaoffroad.org has a list of all the places to ride in the state.

I think that is supposed to be www.nmaoffroad.org .
The bad news is Capitol State Forest is closed until April first. I have been there several times and had a blast. I am sure to be there several times again this summer.

------------------
BEN

good to see you liked tahuya!
i agree, someone did forget what a straight line was when building it, i found one section by tahuya river campground that is straight... but its all whoops, about 1/2 mile of them.

MX1MP, i know what you mean about puddles in reiter trails, one time i was cruising a trail w/ two friends, the only way past this one(large!) puddle was thrrough it. it was only about 6" at first, then about half way through the bike drops about a foot... i down shift & get my tail out defore i dump it.. i could hear the airbox gargling.... that day i got soaked to the bone..
want nasty loose rock hillclimbs? reiter has them and then some.

opps my bad it is nmaoffroad.org, so day when i get find someone to go ridding with me i'll go hit the other places again. Last time I went I was like 8!! been way to long.

JAJ

Rieter is great! WOW, deep puddles is an understatment! :) Rode there yesterday for the second time and fell in love. Nasty, narly, rocky, wet, muddy, loamy.... What else can a guy ask for! :)

JJ

Directions? :D

------------------
BEN

Directions are simple, go down highway 2, two ways to get there, if you coming from the south or eastside you'll be going from 405, to highway 522 out to monroe, 522 exits onto highway 2. You'll be heading east on 2 out to goldbar. You'll go threw monroe first then sultan (highly suggest you don't speed there) then a small blink and you'll miss it town start up (yes thats the name of the town) then 2 miles after that goldbar. It's past the town by about 1.5 miles. The road is on the left hand side. Reiter RD, turn left go up the hill, and when the road Y's don't go left just keep going forward. Go down that about 1/4 of a mile and you'll be at the first parking area. It doesn't look like much from this area but theres alot more up the hill side. I'll be going there this coming sunday if you want someone to show ya around :) but then again i'm there almost every sunday.

reiter road is at milepost #30 on hwy 2(almost exactly.) it's actually only about a mile ontside of goldbar...
just a reminder the gravel pit to the right side of the road is active, don't ride there(they get real upset) & don't ride on reiter road unless you've got a license plate, police patrol it occasionally & do write tickets.
there was also some logging going on last time i was there... what's the status on that?

Up by rock corey, there was some, blocked the trail that went down the easy way accross the road instead of crossing then going down the two hills. Last time I was up there I saw some tree's marked for timber sale. I have no idea what the deal with that is, I know they was working on that one road too. Ya I second not ridding on the road, there is also talk that if it doesn't stop they could close the area same with the illegal dumping. If this happens the closest place to go would then become walker valley and that is no where near as much fun as reiters.

Up by rock corey, there was some, blocked the trail that went down the easy way accross the road instead of crossing then going down the two hills. Last time I was up there I saw some tree's marked for timber sale. I have no idea what the deal with that is, I know they was working on that one road too. Ya I second not ridding on the road, there is also talk that if it doesn't stop they could close the area same with the illegal dumping. If this happens the closest place to go would then become walker valley and that is no where near as much fun as reiters.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
About how many miles of trail are up at Reiter? We've been riding Tahauya all winter and I'm ready for a change of scenery.

it's not huge but 10 miles easy, even though its not big, it go's up the side of this hill side. You can go all the way to the top on the road, the further you go up the hill side the harder the trails get. lots of the trails are innerwoven too. some trails definetly demand experience be prepared for anything. a seemingly easy trail can turn into a physical work out session of you trying to lift your bike outta a hole you dug yourself in if your not careful. seems to be a good mixture of more wide open trails and tight techniqcal ones.

JAJ

There are actually quite a few miles of trails at Reiter, at least 20 by my handy dandy Panoram compter :). Enough to keep you busy all day for sure.

Generally the higher up in the hill you go the more difficulty you will find. Less experienced riders can get in some touble so watch out.

There are miles and miles of road that you can travel and find trails winding off in all directions.

On a different note I had a chance to ride the Desert 100 course yeasterday. What a blast. Sure is nice to not have to share it with 350 other people :)

Good Riding!

JJ

[This message has been edited by JAJ (edited 03-22-2001).]

What is the terrain like in the 100?

------------------
BEN
I don't have to out run the bear I only have to out run you!