HUSAFREEK

Jul 21, 2000
Man there was a lot of people in the parking lot, but only saw one or two groups on the trail. :cool:
I was told it would be really wet. There wasn't much water at all, maybe a dozen puddles and all pretty shallow. Only one or two inches on the edges and five or six inches in the deeper parts.
If you've ever misplace a corner I know where it is. I don't think the people who built those trails know how to go straight.
It was the first time with a group of new friends, and I hope to do it again soon. :D
Sorry about the D in the subject line.
------------------
BEN
I don't have to out run the bear I just have to be faster than you!!!

[This message has been edited by HUSAFREEK (edited 03-16-2001).]

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Hey husafreek come out to reiters I'll show ya some deep bike swallowing puddles :) It definetly isn't easy ridding lots of rocks and tight trails but once you get used to it, its alot of fun. but reiters is just right outside of the town Goldbar. I want to goto the place down by oly wa (olympia) it has 100 miles of trail according to nwa website. www.nwaoffroad.org has a list of all the places to ride in the state.

HUSAFREEK

Jul 21, 2000
I think that is supposed to be www.nmaoffroad.org .
The bad news is Capitol State Forest is closed until April first. I have been there several times and had a blast. I am sure to be there several times again this summer.

------------------
BEN
I don't have to out run the bear I just have to be faster than you!!!

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
good to see you liked tahuya!
i agree, someone did forget what a straight line was when building it, i found one section by tahuya river campground that is straight... but its all whoops, about 1/2 mile of them.

MX1MP, i know what you mean about puddles in reiter trails, one time i was cruising a trail w/ two friends, the only way past this one(large!) puddle was thrrough it. it was only about 6" at first, then about half way through the bike drops about a foot... i down shift & get my tail out defore i dump it.. i could hear the airbox gargling.... that day i got soaked to the bone..
want nasty loose rock hillclimbs? reiter has them and then some.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
opps my bad it is nmaoffroad.org, so day when i get find someone to go ridding with me i'll go hit the other places again. Last time I went I was like 8!! been way to long.

JAJ

Mar 14, 2000
Rieter is great! WOW, deep puddles is an understatment! :) Rode there yesterday for the second time and fell in love. Nasty, narly, rocky, wet, muddy, loamy.... What else can a guy ask for! :)

JJ

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Directions are simple, go down highway 2, two ways to get there, if you coming from the south or eastside you'll be going from 405, to highway 522 out to monroe, 522 exits onto highway 2. You'll be heading east on 2 out to goldbar. You'll go threw monroe first then sultan (highly suggest you don't speed there) then a small blink and you'll miss it town start up (yes thats the name of the town) then 2 miles after that goldbar. It's past the town by about 1.5 miles. The road is on the left hand side. Reiter RD, turn left go up the hill, and when the road Y's don't go left just keep going forward. Go down that about 1/4 of a mile and you'll be at the first parking area. It doesn't look like much from this area but theres alot more up the hill side. I'll be going there this coming sunday if you want someone to show ya around :) but then again i'm there almost every sunday.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
reiter road is at milepost #30 on hwy 2(almost exactly.) it's actually only about a mile ontside of goldbar...
just a reminder the gravel pit to the right side of the road is active, don't ride there(they get real upset) & don't ride on reiter road unless you've got a license plate, police patrol it occasionally & do write tickets.
there was also some logging going on last time i was there... what's the status on that?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Up by rock corey, there was some, blocked the trail that went down the easy way accross the road instead of crossing then going down the two hills. Last time I was up there I saw some tree's marked for timber sale. I have no idea what the deal with that is, I know they was working on that one road too. Ya I second not ridding on the road, there is also talk that if it doesn't stop they could close the area same with the illegal dumping. If this happens the closest place to go would then become walker valley and that is no where near as much fun as reiters.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Up by rock corey, there was some, blocked the trail that went down the easy way accross the road instead of crossing then going down the two hills. Last time I was up there I saw some tree's marked for timber sale. I have no idea what the deal with that is, I know they was working on that one road too. Ya I second not ridding on the road, there is also talk that if it doesn't stop they could close the area same with the illegal dumping. If this happens the closest place to go would then become walker valley and that is no where near as much fun as reiters.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
About how many miles of trail are up at Reiter? We've been riding Tahauya all winter and I'm ready for a change of scenery.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
it's not huge but 10 miles easy, even though its not big, it go's up the side of this hill side. You can go all the way to the top on the road, the further you go up the hill side the harder the trails get. lots of the trails are innerwoven too. some trails definetly demand experience be prepared for anything. a seemingly easy trail can turn into a physical work out session of you trying to lift your bike outta a hole you dug yourself in if your not careful. seems to be a good mixture of more wide open trails and tight techniqcal ones.

JAJ

Mar 14, 2000
There are actually quite a few miles of trails at Reiter, at least 20 by my handy dandy Panoram compter :). Enough to keep you busy all day for sure.

Generally the higher up in the hill you go the more difficulty you will find. Less experienced riders can get in some touble so watch out.

There are miles and miles of road that you can travel and find trails winding off in all directions.

On a different note I had a chance to ride the Desert 100 course yeasterday. What a blast. Sure is nice to not have to share it with 350 other people :)

Good Riding!

JJ

[This message has been edited by JAJ (edited 03-22-2001).]

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Well I have a trail for ya to try next time you go out to reiters tell me you had as much fun going up as I did ;) it's right by the sandy area right when you get to it on the lower area, just up aways to the left if your going up hill there's a small single line trail this trail is pure evil garunteed to get you stuck.

JAJ

Mar 14, 2000
MXP, I know exactly where you are talking about. It's right at the spot where three trial(roads) meet. There's really deep sand at the intersection. If you were to head up the hill the trail is just on your left as you leave the intersection. There's about 50 feet of open trail before you enter the woods. The trail is narly, that deep dark loamy dirt that sticks to your tires and tons of roots. FUUUUNNNN STUFF! :) :) I think we're going back this weekend. :)

There Desert 100 course isn't bad at all. Although after 350 riders get around the track a few times those whoops are gonna be hell! Ya gotta love those stray rocks that just seem to be perfectly placed all by them selves right in the middle of the trail :)

JJ

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
hey jaj i'm going up there this weekend on sunday since I have to work tommorow. I usuallt get up there around 10-11am. if your there on sunday and see someone on an '01 CR125 with an fmf pipe #439 on the plates thats me, i'm usually hang out by the sand hill area.

jbr

Jan 5, 2001
I know that trail, steep with some steps that seam to get bigger every time I see it! I go down it all the time, I keep thinking about trying to get up it, but always seam to find some other trail to crash on!

I might be going up there on sunday too, I have a yz250 with black plastic and a blue s-10.

JAJ

Mar 14, 2000
It's funny how "infamous" this trail is. :)

It'd be nice to meet some of you guys. There is a possibility we might be going to Walker or Belfair. I really want to ride Reiter though. We'll see.

By the way, I drive a Gray Suburban and tow a Black 4 place trailer with a white tool box. I ride a WR400 with a black gripper seat and black and white F-Effex graphics.

We tend to park at the upper parking "lot" under the power lines. The area that requires you to drive through the creek to get to it :)

Hope to see ya all!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
hey thats where I usually park also, puts me closer to the sand hill :) Don't goto walker its boring as hell compared to reiters!!! I went to walker once i'll only go back if there was like a race there serious! the trails are all tight and switch back like crazy. plus once you go down a trail your pretty much stuck on that trail, alot of the trails don't intersect, there's kewl loggin roads to rip down but thats about it. I wasn't impressed my first time out there this summer plus since they are more actively loggin up there, you can be going down a trail turn the corner and theres like 2 huge tree's in the way so you have to turn back around. Rieters totally blows it away, theres a place up in bellingham I want to try thats similar to reiters I forget what it's called now.

JAJ

Mar 14, 2000
I agree with you Reiter is definately more fun, but the guys I ride with like to mix it up alittle. Walkers not to bad, it gives you a chance to work the switchbacks :)

We hope to be able to ride every place in the state this summer. It's hard to believe how many places we actually have to ride in this state. When the snow melts of course :)

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
JAJ
I'm going to ride the Ironman on Sat the 21st at Vantage. How about a little info on the trail. I've not ridden over there yet. Most of the riding I have been doing is the sick and twisted type of stuff on the wet side of the mountains.

Top Bottom