yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Going up to Bells again this Saturday for a morning ride. We are going to try and get there by 8 and ride until at least noon. Lemme know if you wanna come along.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I might make this one. Got my flat fixed finally, with the help of $20 and Northeast Cycles... and the weather will definitely be bearable before noon. My only concern right now is my back tire was a little low, so I need to make sure it'll hold air for at least a few hours.

Mapquest says 1hr 45 mins to Bells from here, so it looks like roughly the same distance as Muenster.

What kind of terrain is out there? From the pictures, it looks fairly diverse.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
The track has good flow. It's about 13 miles, a good mix of open and woods. I like it. I wouldn't want to ride there all the time, cause I'd get bored with it, but for an occasional trip it's pretty fun.

I may not be able to make it now. Last night I discovered that I blew my shock on Saturday's ride. Hopefully I can get Brian up at SMS to get it turned around quickly so I can still ride Saturday. I'll keep this updated.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
My shock is ready in Denton right now, so I'll be going to get it today. This means I'll be at Bells early Saturday morning if anybody's game. PM me for my cell phone number if you want to come.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I still have your # in my phone and I'm planning on going. I'll give you a call later today.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Had a great time guys :ride:

I almost busted a few times that first lap, but the 2nd lap felt much more routine and I got much more comfortable with it. I'm still trying to nail down those fast right turns. I know the bike will do whatever I want it to, its just a matter of convincing my body to lean like it should. However, having only ridden at Red River before, I never really had an opportunity to practice those before this weekend.

I like the diversity of the track too... although I get a little nervous when I start using the bark busters :debil:

Nice meeting Brandon and MuddSlinger (didn't catch your name btw).

Top Bottom