JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sunday afternoon I had a little accident at the local SX track. I tried to seat bounce a 35 foot table while simultaneously chopping the throttle on the lip of the jump. Result? Instant endo. I bailed and did a faceplant from 10 feet up.

Needless to say, my body did not appreciate this maneuver, and rewarded me with multiple lacerations and abrasions, a couple of broken ribs, a concussion, and massive internal and external bruising. I was knocked out cold for about 90 seconds, and it took me several minutes to remember where I was. Scary stuff, but after a couple of hours of 'quiet time', I was able to drive home without any trouble.

Anyway, my friend Kelly called to check on me Monday, and volunteered to bring me some chow that evening. She showed up with pizza from Cosmo's, and Ben & Jerry's Half Baked - 2Twisted - Chocolate Fudge Brownie / Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.
I waited until she was gone to open the ice cream, and it's a good thing I did. I would hate for anyone to see me lick the bottom of a cardboard container.

I checked the ingredients list, but I didn't see 'crack' or 'heroin' listed anywhere. There must be some kind of secret ingredient, because I haven't felt a craving this strong since someone informed that Britney Spears turned 18.

Any other B & J addicts out there? Is there a support group or a recovery program?

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
Ouch, sounds like ive been pretty lucky. Only 2 concusions in my 2 years of racing and 6 years of riding, i still cant remember what happened those days. Ben & Jerry are GREAT.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
WOW JP!
Sorry to hear about your relaspe into your "Faceplant Core Sampling' Addiction. I hope that you heal up quick.

Oh yeah ..... B&J's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is the BOMB!

wrench

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Thanks, Wrench. I finally got some laps in on the KTM. I did 10 or 12 without a hitch. When I swapped back to the 250F, I immediately pinned it, instead of taking it easy for a couple of laps. I paid the price, too.

I feel 100% better today than I did yesterday. Still hurts to breath though.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Cool ... so, wanna go ride some Dunes tomorrow? :yeehaw:

wrench

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
No it is just plain good ole ice cream. Maybe it is because it is extremely dense and creamy. The put almost no air in it like other companies. I have been to the factory, that is a total must do. Free ice cream, non released flavors, and the VERMONSTER!!! 32 scoops of ice cream, 10 topping, 4 bananas, hot fudge, yummmmmmmmm.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Man... nobody brought me ice cream when I went over the bars hard a few years ago. I ended up with compressed vertebrae, bruised ribs and a concussion (STEEP fast downhill with grand canyon ruts at the bottom. Landed on my head and then the bike cartwheeled into me). As a matter o' fact... as I lay there in a pile of ants still trying to put my lungs back in my chest a horseback rider came by and said "thats what you get for riding those things" and continued on. Good thing my buddy came back to help me. That was a long ride out....

Anywho.. yeah addicted to Ben and Jerry 'Chubby Hubby'. Chocolate, peanut butter, pretzle chunks... you need to try that one. Deeeluxe....

Hope you get to feeling bettah soon....

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by DahlElama
a horseback rider came by and said "thats what you get for riding those things" and continued on.
What compassion. You just have to admire the love for their fellow man that those type of people have. You know you'd almost think they love the dirt more... :think:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Man do I miss Maine, we had a Ben 'n' Jerry's right on Main St. :(
All I've seen in KY is BR's 31 and that's in Wally World :|

I got another for ya to try, it Eddy's Dreamery or something :think: ...It's called New York Style Straberry Cheese Cake. Man I had the DT's for about a week after eating a pint o' the stuff :scream:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
a horseback rider came by and said "thats what you get for riding those things" and continued on.

I wonder if that jerk has anything he'd like to say to Christopher Reeve? :p

Oddly enough, my horseback riding friends spend a lot more time soil sampling than I do. My ride doesn't really have a mind of it's own.

What is this Ben & Jerry's you speak of? never had it. Can it be obtained in a grocery store, or is it like Baskin Robbins, you have to go to one of their franchises?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by RoosteR13

What is this Ben & Jerry's you speak of? never had it. Can it be obtained in a grocery store, or is it like Baskin Robbins, you have to go to one of their franchises?

They are out of New England, Vermont to be exact. You should be able to get in the grocers ice creame case.

Phillip

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm headed there for lunch! If you don't hear from me this afternoon, you will know that I have succombed to an ice cream induced coma.......

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
JP,

Dude, that sucks. Are you going to live? Do you have a craving for anything else? Dreamland? Bert's on the Bluff? Glad to see you got the KTM sorted out, new Pipe? Did you get moved into the new house? How are you mowing the grass?

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
pleaser: you weren't, by any chance, on pain medication? shattered my wrist about 3 weeks ago and lets say i have had my share of vicodins lately. and damn...my food intake has doubled.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
the reason b & j's is so good, & the reason it makes you so fat, is that it has even more butterfat in it than most other ice creams. this is what sets the premium brands apart (haagen dazs {actually made in pa.!}, b & j's, etc.).

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
What compassion. You just have to admire the love for their fellow man that those type of people have. You know you'd almost think they love the dirt more...

That's OK, while out riding during the winter, we found a hiker well on his way into a diabetic como keeled over along a trail. Rescued him, of course.

Later we got a call from the local ranger and he told us that we definately saved the guy's life. The ranger suggested to the guy that he thanks us, but instead the guy said he would rather be dead than aknowledge that motorcyclists are good for anything.

Like, whatever dude :silly:

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
The ranger suggested to the guy that he thanks us, but instead the guy said he would rather be dead than aknowledge that motorcyclists are good for anything.

Unbefarginbelievable...

I don't know why that kind of thing suprises me at all anymore. Closed minded jackasses.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Wrench. . . :silly: NOW you wanna go.

Timr, Anita is bringing red beans and rice tonight, and I've had a couple of other offers already. I think I'll survive. The house ROCKS! I've been stomping around and playing the stereo really loud. I've really missed the freedom a detached dwelling brings. The yardwork aspect still sucks though. I borrowed a friend's rider this time.

ktmracer, sorry to hear about your wrist. I got lucky. . . my injuries are mostly soft tissue. I feel like i got run over by a Ben & Jerry's truck. Drugs are good, man. I see why people get hooked on them. :confused:

lawman, I don't even wanna know how many grams I consumed last night.

Rooster, you need to try Chunky Monkey. It was my favorite. . .before Monday night. :yeehaw:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
JP, I have the same problem with Starbucks Java Chip :eek:

Creamy+Coffee+Choc-o-lot=1 quart down and licking the lid for one last trickle of taste.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
mmmmmmm . . . Ben & Jerry's! Phish Phood is my phavorite.

As for the horsebackers and hikers in the aforementioned posts -- I have two words for them, but I can't use 'em here. :| I've also had those experiences. That's when my middle finger gets a workout.

Top Bottom