Camber

Jun 12, 2007
Well I went riding yesterday and I took a pretty nasty fall. Hit some mud at about 25mph and it took the bike right out from under me.
I Realize that yamaha bars are garbage anyways so bending them is very likely. My question is what bars should I go with now, where do I get them, and how much do they cost? Thanks in advanced.

000000.jpg

briank1986

Jun 4, 2007
I just picked up a set of Pro-Taper SE handlebars. Got 'em from rockymountainmc.com, I paid around $60 for them.

Yeah stock handlebars are always the first thing that gets replaced.

Brian.

Camber

Jun 12, 2007
The problem is I don't know whats what!

On a side note:
The people at the local bike repair claim that the stocker bars are just as good as the after market bars available. Seems fishy to me. They installed grips for me which they said would be cheap, charged me 50 bucks for freaking grips!! :yikes: its a 7 dollars part for crap sakes, I thought I would save time and let them install it, thinking it would be like 20 bucks. They charged me 30 dollars labor. I am doing all my own work from now on, Thats ridiculous! :bang:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The stock steel bars on a TTR230 are as good as most any other steel bar you can buy but nowhere near as strong as a decent aluminum bar. If you are happy with the way the bike feels then find out the specs of the stock bars and pick something close. You should be able to pick up a set of Fly Racing aluminum bars for less than $40-$50 that will be fine for you.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
Camber said:
The problem is I don't know whats what!

On a side note:
The people at the local bike repair claim that the stocker bars are just as good as the after market bars available. Seems fishy to me. They installed grips for me which they said would be cheap, charged me 50 bucks for freaking grips!! :yikes: its a 7 dollars part for crap sakes, I thought I would save time and let them install it, thinking it would be like 20 bucks. They charged me 30 dollars labor. I am doing all my own work from now on, Thats ridiculous! :bang:

WTH? Is that the same shop that charges 240 for seals?? :laugh:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'm pretty sure it took more time and effort to take the bike to the shop for a grip change than if you did it yourself. Live and learn.

Top Bottom