ksup

Sep 20, 2003
well I have a 2000 220 and my friend has a 2001 200. Both of us have managed to bend our bar clamps after dumping them repeatedly. My question is and good place online to buy a new set? Our there any after market bar clamps that may be stronger?

outrgus

Jan 15, 2003
change out the stock rubber clamp mounts with a stronger type. the factory honda ones are much stiffer or you can go with the aluminiun ones that after market sells. this will help alot. also you can use a one piece top clamp from a kx250.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
well....I don't see the question answered, so well...............

It's unlikely that anything is bent, but that the bushings are tweaked. Remove the bushings, swap 'em around for good measure (will ensure they are 'reset').

A one piece top clamp will stop most (not all) of that. FRP has 'em.

The aftermarket bushings I've tried are too small (even with the added spacer that comes with). I ended up with the metal cone-tops seated to the clamp.

Bye-bye bar isolation.

I put the oem bushings back in. I'd rather reset them once in awhile than have my arms go numb in 10 minutes.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've '..just loosened them and retightened' myself, and found they did NOT align. That's the purpose of swapping them around. You won't have to do it twice that way. Yes...'Just loosened them and retightened' has worked before...but not always.

My point of view anyway.

I've not shopped for some other bushing that will fit other than the pieces I got from scotts. I forget the brand name, but they look identical to the other pieces I've seen from, say, motion pro and others. They were too short to suit me. Others have used them and don't have a problem. A bit longer 'spacer' between the two cones would help some. The diameter of the aftermarket cones is just a bit on the skinny side (sez me).

IF the point is to reduce bar mount tweaking and keep the bars well isolated, just get the single piece top clamp. You'll likely find (as most do) that your tweaking 'issues' are about zero.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
And believe or not, the kdx rubber bushings are way bigger than kx ones. I am using the kdx ones in my kx clamp and even though they stick out a bit I like the fact that the bar does not rattle like a ktm and they don't tweek with every fall. I don't see how people could ride a lot with non rubber mounted handle bars. I do like the look of those RG3 four post rubber mounted clamps. Those should be really hard to tweek and give good rider feedback/control.

Top Bottom